Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What format is your starship list? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What format is your starship list?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erick: Yes, we keep ship lists. Hell, I never would have found this place (or, rather, its earliest incarnation) if it weren't for my keeping a ship list... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to make one about 8 years ago, but I didn't have the use of a computer, so I gave up after a couple months. I used to be much more into Star Trek than I am now, so I know what it's like. I designed a few ships of my own, but that was long ago...

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys for all the help and excuse me while I sew my nuts back on.

In responce to some of the queries,

The Santa Maria is the ship seen in ships of the line, I got the name by enhancing and tracing the contors of a scan.

you can find it here:- http://www.stormloader.com/reverendtrig/images/name_reconstruc.jpg

It's by no means conclusive but it seamed to fit, as for the reg, I knocked it up so that it doesn't predate the galaxy.

Again with the Nash I have been maybe a little to liberal with the reg and pretended that the 'B' was an 8 because it made more sense.

as far as all those spelling mistakes I'll be correcting them soon.

by the way where did these come from?

USS Galice
USS Hispanola
USS Kai Winn (very iffy!)

------------------
Cluck cluck jibber jibber, my old man's a mushroom etc.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoops! http://www.stormloader.com/reverendtrig/Images/name_reconstruc.jpg

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Galice and Hispaniola were on a computer screen in DS9: Whispers. Someone can probably get a screen shot. Kai winn, however, is news to me.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Galice and Hispaniola were on a computer screen in DS9: Whispers. Someone can probably get a screen shot. Kai winn, however, is news to me.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Kai Winn was in Whispers. Not positive though. It's what my list has for the episode.

As for the Santa Maria, 1) What picture in the calender is that from, and 2) I don't see ANYWHERE how you got the word U.S.S. SANTA MARIA out of that jumbled mess.

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

The picture comes from the 'ships of the line calender' it is a shot of a galaxy's upper port bow, it was posted on this forum by NEMISIS back in july.

As for how I got santa maria, well like I said it's very subjective, I did a lot of head scratching, trying to work out what letters fitted in to that tangled mess, I actually came up with SOULA MARIA first, that just didn't sound right but santa maria seemed to fit. It's a little hard to see as the lettering is small and curves away from you.

------------------

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, i posted the picture of the Galaxy Class from the calender.
Unfortunatly i deleted it from my webspace.... Did anyone copy it?

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only Galaxies in the calender are the one on the cover, which is the USS Challenger NCC-71099 (with Enterprise put on the torpedo launcher), and the Utopia Planitia scene, which has the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D, and two Galaxies that you can't possibly get the name or number from.

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, two different calendars involved here. It's not the Ships of the Line Calendar. It's the DS9 calendar.
------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

[This message has been edited by PopMaze (edited September 28, 2000).]

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where does USS Natchez come from?

------------------
Hey fella, I bet you're still livin' in your parents' cellar
Downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar
And postin "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er
I should do the world a favor and cap you like Old Yeller
You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Where does USS Natchez come from?

First Contact radiochatter.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natchez has also been confused with Manson. I'm not sure about what it says in close caption though. If that part was not in the close caption, it's still up for debate. And Manson doesn't have to be named after Charles or Marilyn Manson. And I certainly hope not.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither is in the closed captioning...

------------------
"If the rope is a quarter of a Zeuslength in size, then the Defiant shalt most naturally be seven times the thirty-second part of a Zeuslength?"
-Boris Skrbic, 27-Sep-2000

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps