Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Mag #19 Enterprise-B info (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mag #19 Enterprise-B info
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the director's cut of the first movie is released on 01-17-01, we will see Admiral Nogura's meeting with Admiral Kirk. I am curious as to Admiral Nogura's uniform and insignia.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I can rent it and watch it on my neighbour's computer!

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, has anyone else scanned all the other uniform sections from the previous issues of ST the Magazine?

------------------
Hey fella, I bet you're still livin' in your parents' cellar
Downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar
And postin "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er
I should do the world a favor and cap you like Old Yeller
You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading in a comic book that constitiution class starships could separate the primary hull from the secondary hull but this was only one way. By sealing all the access points and activating explosive charges the separation could be achieved. I think it was done in a graphic novel by DC comics and involved the USS Farragut. I know this is not canon but i wondered what people think about this. If the constitution class had this feature then surely the excelsior and ambassador would have a similar feature as well.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the fact that the constitution-class was capable of saucer-separation is canon. It was mentioned in the dialoge in the TOS-episode "The apple". The Enterprise was caught by Vaal, and Kirk ordered that if nothing else could be done, Scott should prepare for saucer-separation. Nothing is mentioned, however, if this was a oneway procedure or if the ship could be reintegrated.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to know the exact bit of dialogue from "The Apple"... Wasn't something to the effect of "...jettison the nacelles..."?

------------------
"I just can't imagine the sort of thinking that went into making up that story. Oops, sorry for cutting your head off, here, have another. Human? No, only elephants around I'm afraid. Want a lolly?"
-Simon Sizer, 18-Oct-2000

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The explosive emergency saucer sep feature of the Connie class was even planned to be featured in ST:TMP, but alas it didn't happen. It would have been nice to see though.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that both options were mentioned, in different episodes. Which makes sense, as it seems a bit of a waste to ditch the entire secondary hull if only one nacelle is the problem.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't like the idea of the Ambassador class have seperation capabilities, especially because of the location of the impulse engines. You'd have to take a large chunk of the neck with you when you seperate. All the other ships have their impulse engines built into the lip of the saucer, meaning a no extras being taken along with you. Besides, an Ambassador would just look so ugly seperated. Blech

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought the neck of the Ambassador looked like a knight's helm from the front. Kinda like RoboCop-II. Anyway, the Galaxy-class looks weirder separated. The "head" looks like a melting marzipan pastry.
In fact, IMHO, I think the whole galaxy-class looks like a porcelain figure. No straight angles, no industrial efficiency � la *Star destroyer* at all, just a big porcelain-swan.

------------------
So, how's that Survivor-contest coming along, Newt?
-Well not very well at the MOMENT, everyone seems to have died.
-Gee, that's bad. Those Aliens bugging you yet?
-Not really, they mostly come at night mostly...

Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TNG:TM states this shape supports a better warp field efficiency or something.

------------------
USS Allegiance LCARS Database

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps