Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TAS - Aquashuttle....again (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TAS - Aquashuttle....again
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mim: I"m actually working on Winston's shuttle right now! Should have something to show within the week. I'm basing it on that oval-ended shuttle I mentioned before.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Yes, I have no doubt that Winston's ship and the shuttle seen in the Enterprise bay are one and the same design. I'm even thinking that it probably is the same vessel that they just kept. (Unless I'm not remembering something that precludes this, like the shuttlebay-view was from an episode before "The Survivor" or something...)

Did you ever extrapolate any other views of Cyrano Jones' scout ship besides that side view you sent me?

Planning on doing the Copernicus as well?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no interest in rendering any of the other TAS shuttles, since quite frankly I find the designs somewhat lacking in quality.
The Aquashuttle was only barely salvageable in my opinion.
This is why I turned to Jefferies' curvey shuttle sketches when I came to drawing up a TOS/pre-TOS shuttlecraft.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Copernicus is so ugly it scares me. I'm not going near it.

I did top, side, and front views of Cyrano's shuttle. I thought I had sent those to you. I'll send them or post them when I get back to my office on Tuesday (Monday's the emperor's birthday and a national holiday).

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, just to kill time before I have to go out tonight here is my interpretation of the TAS long-range shuttle.

-

Now that's your lot!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like your interpretation of the Long-Range Shuttlecraft. That is the best that I have seen to date. Are you planning on making more views? It would be great to see. [Big Grin]

Have you considered doing an interpretation of the Heavy Shuttlecraft? That would be cool to see as well. [Wink]

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Masao, I don't think I ever saw anything but the side view.

How come you guys don't like the TAS shuttles? Their designs are at least as good as that of the Galileo, and they have a very distinct TOS-era "feel" about them. Simple and kind of pleasantly campy. I like 'em. [Frown]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
No, Masao, I don't think I ever saw anything but the side view.

How come you guys don't like the TAS shuttles? Their designs are at least as good as that of the Galileo, and they have a very distinct TOS-era "feel" about them. Simple and kind of pleasantly campy. I like 'em. [Frown]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

I totally agree with you MMoM on the look of the shuttles in TAS.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

"Pleasantly campy"?!?!?!? I reserve that term for "Lost in Space." I always thought 23rd century design was clean, simple, and elegant. With that pointy nose, Copernicus looks like something a (1970s) kid would design.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, I would hardly call the squat, boxy Galileo "elegant," and I must say that I quite like the looks of the Copernicus in profile, though the corresponding top view is admittedly much less aesthetic. (IMO it might have been better if the front did come to an actual point, rather than the flat wedge.) Seen from the side though, as it was drawn in the episode, it's got a cool "rocket ship" feel to it.

I also enjoy the solid, compact-and-yet-powerful look of the shuttle Mudd stole in "Mudd's Passion" (TAS).

It's simply a matter of tastes.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

Yes, I know those might not be perfectly accurate schematics, but they get the point across.

Rev: Where's the bow nav-deflector/sensor? Any other views? [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps