Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Aegian Class Drawing Finished - - Yes Really (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Aegian Class Drawing Finished - - Yes Really
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from the name of the class, I think you're okay for copyright purposes.
If they are really that touchy I think they'd take more issue with the Starfleet uniform and insignia. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that would be Paramount. The makers of the game might have a problem with the ship though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=trekfrontier

If that guy can do it, I don't see why you can't.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A thong with a SF arrowhead! Classy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sold.

http://www.cafeshops.com/alanfore

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offence intended, but did you set the prices? They seem to be rather expensive...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I didn't know what to charge. They probably are high. I'll edit later.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cafepress probably wouldn't allow you to take a Trek publicity photo or the words "Star Trek" and put it on a shirt or poster. However, since this is your own artwork (albeit based on a design that's not yours) it is probably okay. One of my posters has a small Connie on it that I drew myself. It wasn't a problem. I also know of cafepress stores for Starfleet chapters that use images of ships from games and series (http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=ussnebula http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=ussmcauliffe http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=ussmir http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=ussreaent). Anyway, except for final packing and shipping, the entire process is automated and unobserved by humans. I think it will be ok.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NIce pic.
I don't know what's worse: that they named a ship "Christa Mcallufe" or that the ship's an Oberth class (and we all know their apperance to explosion ratio!). [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cafepress pricing system allows you to set the sale price anywhere above the base price, which goes to Cafepress. You are then allowed to keep anything above the base price. Since I was not out to make a profit, I set all my prices exactly at the base price, so everything goes to Cafepress. Since the base price of the large poster is 15.99, you're making a profit of $12 each.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yep. [Smile]

I'll lower them all on Moday when I have more time if you guys wanna snag any of them. I'm not really out to make a profit on them either but I figured a little windfall wouldn't hurt anything [Smile]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

sorry... double post...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Thanks, Aban. It turned out great, and I can even buy a poster now if I want. Really fantastic work. What's next?!

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

As far as Star Trek stuff? I'd have to say I'd love to do something with the Steamrunner and something with this Antares design that's been floating around here (have a i mentioned I love that ship).

As for actual paying work, this is what I just finished for Cricket Magazine (kinda big piccie):

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/226/UnbridledFinal.jpg

Looks like some RPG work may be on the horizon too, but I'm still just talking about that... so nothing firm yet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Alan, make some T-shirts! I always liked that world on a turtle painting of yours.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps