Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Unfinished business (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Unfinished business
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I blame this Gorn ship on my having just watched "Galaxy Quest." http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/232/gorn2.jpg
Mmmmm....furry.

Personally I envision Gorn ships as having a fat, stressed out saucer shaped hull with three or four outboard engines....something else I'll have to draw someday.

quote:
Rev: I dig that planetary defence platform. I would love to see a finish on that.
It's pretty much done as it is, all it really needs is a few gradients and a little extra detail.
Even so, part of the reason it was abandoned was because some said I made it a little too heavily armed.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm building a Gorn ship for the TNG era as we speak and will share pics when it's finished. [Wink]
It's kinda a update on the old FASA designs with sleeker rounded edges and warp engines cxlose to the central body.
For the worst possible designs imaginable, see the SFB versions of Gorn ships. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
For the worst possible designs imaginable, see the SFB versions of Gorn ships. [Roll Eyes]

Man, I thought my Gorn ship was the worst possible design. It's ridiculously sauromorphic and certainly not something the Gorn themselves would build. Looks like a car from 'Wacky Races'

There were some interesting Gorn ships in the TNG graphic novel 'The Gorn Crisis": http://www.doasales.com/images/art/kordey_t16.jpg I like the vertically oriented primary hull.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much did the Gorn ships change between SFB and Starfleet Command? I rather liked the designs in SFC myself...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a second there I thought I was looking at some Babylon 5 artwork, those ships in the far background is very reminiscent of the Centauri Cruiser.
I like the split hull look and the vertical alignment is quite original, something defiantly worth paying homage to.

(Homage; read Plagiarise) [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even still, the main Gorn ship in SFC looks like a big flying brick. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that areodynamics matter in space.
The Gorn ships from the graphic novel present a very large target profile from all angles (excepting the odd vertically oriented scorpion shaped sjips, that is).
My own ship is more of a "streamined brick". [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend: I like that little ship, um, third from the bottom? :-)

Trouble with the side view, you say? well you couldn't do much worse than with the icky Nova class side view.
IIRC, the Nova's main sideview problem was the proportionally too short saucer.
Enlengthen that a bit and it would get a lot better, I would think.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps