Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Another Robo-Tug (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another Robo-Tug
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose you wouldn't want to have two classes with Greek names, but what was the name of the god (or Titan?) who was doomed to keep pushing a boulder up a hill, only to have it roll back to the bottom just as he reached the top?

Looks cool! [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Vidal Sassoon?? Captain Mott commanding.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
I suppose you wouldn't want to have two classes with Greek names, but what was the name of the god (or Titan?) who was doomed to keep pushing a boulder up a hill, only to have it roll back to the bottom just as he reached the top?

Looks cool! [Smile]

Sisiphus...

I don't know if that is the correct spelling.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised no one mentioned Samson... Oh well. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO this design makes more sense than a single-container robo-tug.

Just doesn't make sense to send one container zipping along when you should really send a whole bunch. Anti-matter ain't easy to produce!

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The mythology geek's friends: the AD&D "Legends & Lore" manual & Encyclopedia Mythica.
Ta very much.

quote:
Then might I suggest a slight change to Vidar-class? After all, it's an unmanned drone tug, & Vidar was the Norse god of strength & silence.
I think strength and silence are characteristics more relevant to a stealth ship. I'll keep it in mind if I ever draw one. [Wink]

quote:
IMHO this design makes more sense than a single-container robo-tug.

Just doesn't make sense to send one container zipping along when you should really send a whole bunch. Anti-matter ain't easy to produce!

The singer container is really for the Starliners, which probably travel solo as a matter of policy.

Remember that these containers are very substantial structures and can carry an enormous amount of cargo, so outside of the Federation Core worlds and primary shipping lines one container is usually more that sufficient.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
I'm surprised no one mentioned Samson... Oh well. [Smile]

The Samson Class tug was a Reliant-esque tug used for hauling Regula-type stations around from the FASA Role Play Game. Neat design.

Great design job Rev on your automated ship. That would make a decent model, it would...

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anti-matter ain't easy to produce! [/QB]
Well, mabye not for you. [Razz]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, there's a lab somewhere in the states where they haul around antimatter by the buttload!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that by the 23rd century they should be able to produce large quantities of anti-matter without too much fuss.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm jumping in late here, but if you named it Calculon, and you were staying with the DY-family's antennae, then you could have two of them, pointing in random directions... hehe

--------------------
http://stmultiverse.homestead.com

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job, "Reverend"! Creative design w/o going overboard, IMO.

What do you use for creating the line drawings? I'm curious to know, as I'd like to try and do up my original designs in five or six views, plus an isometric angle view.

Again, nice job. I have no suggestions for names that haven't already been offered.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps