Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Before he went bald... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Before he went bald...
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know. I just wanted to see that picture again. And maybe you could give him hair if you wanted to use that photo and stay as accurate as possible.
In that case, he'd have to give him a new uniform as well.

That's the best picture I could find:
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/322/picard2.jpg

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone look at that ("Violations"[TNG]) dream sequence and see if there is a front on shot of the younger Picard, that might prove to be useful.

As for the Nemesis photo, perhaps Cadet Picard has been the victim of a prank.

Isn't that what's supposed to have happened to Garibaldi in B5? [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Spike! [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still can't fathom why people can't seem to grasp the idea that Picard shaved his head for a time while a cadet, later grew it out again, and then lost it naturally as he got older. This is hardly unbelieveable, if you ask me. I personally have a teacher who did the same thing. (Bald for looks as a young man, then full hair in mid-life, and ending up bald again.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
I still can't fathom why people can't seem to grasp the idea that Picard shaved his head for a time while a cadet, later grew it out again, and then lost it naturally as he got older. This is hardly unbelieveable, if you ask me. I personally have a teacher who did the same thing. (Bald for looks as a young man, then full hair in mid-life, and ending up bald again.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Works for me.
Although these were his athletic days, so he could have shaved it for something a little more practical that mere aesthetics.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite true. Perhaps he was the star of the Academy's swim team... [Wink]
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, either young Picard once shaved his head because he lost a bet. Or he wore a hairpiece for quite some time after his Academy days until his age "allowed" him to go bald again.

I don't even think that whoever made the photo of young Picard (Tom Hardy) for Nemesis was lazy. It was just meant to stress for occasional viewers that Shinzon was exactly like Picard, and to give us something to bother about...

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not use a picture of Thomas Hardy with hair?

Or meld Stewart and Hardy? Or the boy from 'Family'

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually - when did Bev meet J-L? I'm guessing academy then - I thought it was later.

Question is - was Beverly bald then too?? [Smile]

Maybe Picard is Deltan!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps