Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » SW: Episode 1 Stuff (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SW: Episode 1 Stuff
Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every once in a while I get a little inspiration, and here's what it's given me this time (I apologize for the big images in advance) :

And for a means of comparison...

How'd I do?

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

http://sapphire.solareclipse.net

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, BTW....

In the finished site the red light will flash and touching the text on the right will trigger a mouseover to change the picture on the viewer.

I'm also trying to fix that little green shape (gee, aren't I descriptive? *o_O*) on the bottom...grrrr...

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

[This message has been edited by Dani (edited July 11, 1999).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*manually relocates his jaw*

------------------
"I... love you more... than I did the week before... I discovered Alcohol""
-The Barenaked Ladies

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

Couple minor edits and I'm calling it quits for the evening...(about 4 hours of work later...*LOL*)

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know what any of this has to do with Star Trek? I'm just asking since I can't sleep and have nothing else better to do.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing, except for the word star, this isn't a trek only board.

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Andrew, it is a Trek only board. Check the main page. It says 'Star Trek', and under that title you find a link to this forum. CC just hasn't gotten around to making a forum for general Sci-Fi yet

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
"Go? Where are we going?"
"Where they went."
"Suppose they went nowhere."
"Then, this'll be your big chance to get away from it all"
-McCoy and Kirk, The Wrath of Khan

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tis True Two Woo Two Woo!
didn't notice that - but I don't think it REALLY matters, except for our more pedantic of posters

*grin*

oh well, I was going to post my designs for a workable FTL drive - but seeing as its only a Trek sub-board...

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was supposed to be turned into one of the general sci-fi forums anyway, for stuff like this. Maybe CC will take the hint.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
RB: "'Get a life' is a phrase heard a lot, though I have never known exactly what kind was implied. Seems a lot of shallowness and greed is the rule."
CS: "I guess that it means the kind of life led by the characters of 'Dawson's Creek' or 'The Simpsons'."

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

*sticks her tongue out at all of you* Besides, I ASKED Charles where to post this and this is where he sent me. :P

The Flare Forums are for Sci-Fi, not just Star Trek. The SolarEclipse Network may be branching out into some Star Wars stuff in the futute as well.

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to guess that the big "Copyright EclipseArts" isn't going to be in the final version, either, eh? :-)

------------------
"They gave the ferret a teleprompter!"
-Louie the Lizard, Budweiser commercial

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

No, sorry about that....I'm a paranoid, anal artist who would throw a total hissy fit if I ever found anyone using my layout on their site. *LOL*

No offence, I trust you guys, I just don't release many public copies of my stuff without making sure nobody else could possibly use it.

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

spawnster
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think it looks really nice Dani, great work.

As a web designer, I can appreciate the functionality you refer to. I look forward to seeing the finale site.

Well done!

IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This makes me reconsider my opinion to restrict this forum to Trek. Anyone who has nice graphical stuff should keep it coming. I can't help I love this PADD, sorry, panel. Dani, would you give me some hints how you have done it? I'm a bloody technical designer who can only do flat starship schematics.

------------------
"The past, the present and the future, they exist as one, they breathe together." (Annorax, VOY: "The Year of Hell")
Ex Astris Scientia

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

Here's the working demo. D-E-M-O! I still need to cut down on the image filesizes.

http://sapphire.solareclipse.net/JediMasters/

Hints? Good grief...I really wouldn't know where to begin...The best thing to do is to pick a graphics program and get to know it VERY well...I'm just getting to that point now. All the graphics I do are made with Photoshop 5, which I will swear by as THE best general graphics tool around. There's no 3D in this at all, all the shadows, bumps and indentations are all created by photoshop filters.

I'd love to field any more specific questions...

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps