Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Saladin class logos (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Saladin class logos
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then I'll just assume that the SFTM is wrong and that the Cygnus is just an older Oberth and looks nothing like the Hermes, and is not a subclass of it. [Smile]
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah, i like the design presented by the SotSF associated Recog chart.. basically, the Franz Joseph TM, Todd Guenther SotSF and Aridas Sofia FSRC i all consider to be on the level.. i'm not going to dismiss their designs as simply 'not existing.. maybe the class ship for the Cygnus is NCC-478 or something, and then the rest ended up in the 6xx range, with a few Oberths mixed in (just like some Connies are 16xx and some are 17xx and 18xx, but there are Mirand� and other ship types mixed in too in those ranges)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
nah, i like the design presented by the SotSF associated Recog chart.. basically, the Franz Joseph TM, Todd Guenther SotSF and Aridas Sofia FSRC i all consider to be on the level.. i'm not going to dismiss their designs as simply 'not existing.. maybe the class ship for the Cygnus is NCC-478 or something, and then the rest ended up in the 6xx range, with a few Oberths mixed in (just like some Connies are 16xx and some are 17xx and 18xx, but there are Mirand� and other ship types mixed in too in those ranges)

Except that I think the 600 and 800 ships were different classes that looked like Connies but weren't. [Big Grin]

Also, it's not like I am completely ignoring the design of the Cygnus, as it's also the design of the Hermes (which I think is 550, but that's another story). All I am saying is that instead of Hermes and Cygnus looking the same, we have Cygnus looking like an old Oberth and Hermes looking like the SFTM one nacelled ship.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps