Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » X-Wing B-Wings Modification (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: X-Wing B-Wings Modification
Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is what is generally classified as an Ugly. Smooth pic but can't say much for the design.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Well, yeah, but when your resources are limited and you have to rely primarily on fighters to perform offensive operations

So you think it's such a good idea to build one of those BX-wings when you could have two B-wings instead for the same price?

And besides, look at the wingspan of this Ugly. I'm guessing that his maneuverability will be limited to prevent from snapping in half.. not to mention that this fighter could take a lot of hangar space.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big thing about this is that it has technically already been made. It is called "DeathRaven". It is two B-wings that were put together around a central B-wing cockpit. I don't have any other info about it in front of me but if you want to know more I will gladly look it up.

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'll be damned... [Eek!]

Ugh... To me, this DeathRaven makes even less sense than Delphronta ship.

I still don't understand - why would anyone want to make one big fighter instead of two small?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you build larger vehicles when you want them to carry larger things, for instance.
Kazeite
Member # 970

That's true... for instance, you can see nice model of TIE Obliterator, which carries mini-DeathStaresque laser [Roll Eyes]

However, in the case of DeathRaven, its payload is simply the same as one could suspect - standard mixture of laser and ion cannons, torpedo launchers times two. And that's it.

I can give a counterexample - one of experimental TIEs in X-wing: Alliance carries rather big turbolaser, but it's size is still the same as standard TIE Fighter.

So, it is possible to design weapon platform that is based of existing components, packs a bigger punch, but it's dimensions still remain almost the same.

But this DeathRaven is simply two B-wings bolted together... not very efficent or particualry threatening design, if you ask me [Smile]

--------------------

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

Well the Deathraven is a one of a kind ship that was built by a merc named Erron Kell. After getting hold of two B-wing/E2s that were considered to damaged to repair he put them together with help to create his own ship. The cockpit is larger then one on the B-wing/E2 and the wings do rotate around it.

It is not considered a fighter but instead classified as a space transport. It sports stronger shields and two extra Ion cannons then a standard B-wing.

And just because I'm bored.

Deathraven
Length: 32m
Weapons: 4 Fire-linked Assault laser cannons
4 Fire-linked Proton torpedo launchers (40 rounds)
8 Fire-linked Light ion cannons

B-wing
Length: 16.9m
Weapons: 1 Assault laser cannon
2 Fire-linked small proton torpedo launchers (8 rounds)
3 Fire-linked Light ion cannons

B-wing/E2
Length: 16.9m
Weapons: 2 Fire-linked Assault laser cannons
2 Fire-linked Proton torpedo launchers (8 rounds, 20 with extra magazine)
3 Fire-linked Light ion cannons.

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

After getting hold of two B-wing/E2s that were considered to damaged to repair he put them together with help to create his own ship.

Heh... they were too damaged to be repaired but not too damaged to be put together as a new craft?

But now, of course, I'm just repeating myself - I'm saying that I find DeathRaven design unrealistic and I have already said that. [Smile]

Those stats also look strange to me... I mean, forty proton torpedoes? [Eek!]

I also find those fighter stats, um... "disturbing" [Smile] In addition to the ion cannons, laser cannon and torpedo launchers SWRPG mentions two blaster cannons on the B-wing, not to mention armament from computer games...

But, no matter. I believe that we can conclude our discussion now, since now we would be talking about B-wing armament which is rather off-topic, if you ask me [Smile]

--------------------

USS_Delphronta
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for USS_Delphronta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Image (S-Foils Open)
BX wing with Gyro Rotation
BX Wing with Gyro Rotation( S-foils open)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The computer games (well, the spacesims, anyway) are the only source that makes any sense re: starfighter armament. They're not always internally consistent w/r/t/ other specs, though.
USS_Delphronta
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for USS_Delphronta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Origionally I had it designed as a personal ship custom built for protecting cargo ships from pirates/bounty hunter/whatever, then it got kinda morphed into a production design later. Because I couldnt explain why anyone would destroy a X wing and mess up 2 perfectly good B wings.
Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

Sure you can. The X-wing had massive damage to its s-foils(both sides). And by chance two B-wings had their cockpits slagged(tragically killing both pilots). To extract revenge the x-wing pilot had the three put together into a new fighting vehical.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and was immeadeately killed because his new starfighter was slow as dirt and could hardly turn at all.
At least he joined his pals in the afterlife.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kazeite
Member # 970

[Smile]

At least in this configuration it reminds me of Bird of Prey [Smile]

(Delphronta, thanks for repairing links [Smile] )

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye the two B-Wing's flap around the X-Body like a duck, causing the TIE Pilots to double over in uncontrolable laughter and crash.....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps