Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Good god this is crazy: "New" TOS episodes. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Good god this is crazy: "New" TOS episodes.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their Rand looks like a brainless one....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wee Bairns:
I'm hoping for the best from this production, and I don't think it's fair to criticize the stories yet..we need to see them performed before we pass judgement.
Then we can say it sucks. [Wink]

LOL! If they want to do a Star Trek show - then they should expect such things - why we do it for all the other Treks!! [Smile] It'd be in good company.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
No amatuer's seriously going to better TNGs effects or acting for the moment, but it's very do-able with TOS.

But that wasn't the strength of TOS - it was the scripts. And the chemistry between the characters - well the Big Three at least. I wonder what it would have been like to have Uhura episodes etc.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I wonder what it would have been like to have Uhura episodes etc.

Just as "good" as TNG's seventh season, I'm sure. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, these guys are just asking for a Cease & Desist letter from Paramount...

I don't think the effects are all that impressive.
Hell, that nebula effect is the first shot is clearly a flat stuck at an angle with a texture map on it. And the way the Enterprise moves...ugh.

As others have mentioned here, I think what sucks most about these fan productions are the writing and the acting. The acting's the toughest thing to fix, because chances are you have to rely on friends to do it, and people who act even semi-professionally are probably not going to be interested in doing a frebie. (I recently shot a short film, but I have a lot of actor friends and one agreed to do it for fun...lucky me!)

The scripts...oy. I watched the Exeter film "The Savage Empire" and I then read their online draft for another episode "The Mighty Galvanaut", and both exhibit all the signs of amateur writing. No understanding of basic story construction. No understanding of conflict or theme. Characters who talk at each other rather than to each other, and bad sitcom level "banter" passing for characterization.

Well, hope they're having fun doing it.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps