Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Freedom Class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Freedom Class
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got round to rebuilding this one, and much of the work was based on the model pic, so hence it demanded a little rescaling...
More renders soon:

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. Hey, have you ever wanted to do shots of these babies at warp?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jan
Member # 1133

- posted      Profile for Jan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks really good, I like it. This reminds me to continue work on my Niagara. [Big Grin]

BTW, does this ship have an impulse drive? As far as I remember, they forgot to add one to the studio model.

--------------------
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -- Douglas Adams

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Red!

Mabye add the side and forward ACL to brighten up the saucer some.
While I didint go for the canon look on my own Freedom, I think there's room for a small pair of impulse engines on either side of the neck on the saucer's ventral side.

You making the connie torp launcger (waaay overscaled here into the ship's deflector?
The Intrepid's deflector emitter fits perfectly into that space (with no scaling even!).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I'm aware this ship has no deflector, it uses what ever subtle (or invisible) system the Miranda and Constellation uses. Indeed, I have mounted on the nacelle a torpedo launcher array instead.

There may yet be impulse engines on the Freedom, as seen in the below image (seen alongside my old Freedom model). I can't determine this for certain, but I was tinkering with the idea of adding them (in this fashion) to the model.

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice rendering Red!

I left the saucer module impulse engines on the model I built, USS Firebrand. I didn't see the harm...they do need to be somewhere after all

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As did I.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1301771&uid=657989

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC the Firebrand has a secondary navdef in the lower saucer section.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Who can say? The schematics from Fact Files and STTM are waaay off in the bridge area so the rest is highly questionable as well.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah, but we have a ventral photo of the Firebrand...

Make of that lump what you will. It looks a bit like the quantum torp launcher of the Sovereigns, even.

Anyway, if that is a secondary deflector, where is the primary unit? The odd protrusion below the nacelle, perhaps? The saucer doesn't have the "auxiliary deflector" insets that a Galaxy kitbash would have.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Well, yeah, but we have a ventral photo of the Firebrand...

Purchase your Niagra Class Starship in the next 15 minutes and we'll throw in this slightly used Freedom Class Starship for just 9.95! (While Stocks Last)

Any specs on what that little thing at the bottom of the nacelle is for... it has windows!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... rarely seen starships.....

Awesome work. I too would be in favor of adding a single impulse engine at the top of the neck right under the saucer. The graveyard photo of it would certainly allow for something to be there. So unless there is something else that would contradict that, that's where I would put it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Nice model that soundeffect. It's interesting to note that you have given it capacity to separate the saucer.

A quick update, after a few adjustments..

-

-

quote:
Hey, have you ever wanted to do shots of these babies at warp?
I have actually done that (when whim takes me), such as in this animation here, which was of the Proto-Excelsior during field trials.

http://www.trekmania.net/animation/4nacellewarp.avi

--------------------

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Disregard the previous two images. I've replaced them with better, high res renders with more detail.

-

-

-

--------------------

The ASDB

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool... Though the shadowing looks a little long.

The Freedom class is rapidly ascending in coolness factor - it's already better than its Saladin class originator IMO.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps