Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Tactical Equipment (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tactical Equipment
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when do threads have to have a bloomin' point?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

- posted      Profile for CaptainMaxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course its creative...

I had to make specs FOR THE CONCORDIUM SERIES and not for the pleasure of the world. I do not force anyone to use or believe my numbers, I just want to know if they're realistic (the specs, not the ship numbers in service).

But I can't get rid of the feeling that my numbers are crap, since you don't like them.

---------------
The numbers are from January, 29th 2381; Starfleet has 1838 officially listed capital ships in 43 ship classes...
That is fan fic of course and as stated above I do not force anyone to believe it. Maybe you think of a 7219 ships fleet and only 9 Galaxys (Y unless you want to list them up in the Messier catalogue).
---------------

"Hush! You may wake that Warbird!" - Dedication plaque of U.S.S. Whisperer

--------------------
"Ah, Romulans. I like them best burning and in pieces."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They would be equally realistic if you multiplied them by 10. Or divided by 3. Because there is no evidence for any of these specs anyway.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, that's the problem. We can talk about, say, a potential top speed for ships, because we have other ships to compare to. We can theorise whether the Defiant should be able to outrun a Galaxy, or not. But a dissipation of 11.2 PW for a Galaxy shield system? Pure fantasy. There's nothing to compare it to at all, so there's no way of saying whether they are too high or too low.

One thing, is this Star Trek: Concordium the fan-fic series you are talking about? If so, a friendly word of warning: Please don't make Trek Fanfic Mistake No 1: Spend all your time worrying about pointless tech details at the expense of characters, story, plot, and stuff like that.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. In fact, tech is absolutely worthless if you don't have a story. The less tech is required, the better the story is.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, now that I know where this belongs, it's on its way.
CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

- posted      Profile for CaptainMaxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I see my fault. Don't cry out numbers in the canon section. This interacts like holy water with the devil...

"You tell me that the same ship was destroyed twice? Sounds like insurance fraud..." - Cmdr. Pete Argusson; Episode 5.17 'Just fake'

--------------------

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

Now I see my fault. Dont cry out numbers in the canon section. That interacts like holy water with the devil...

"You tell me that the same ship was destroyed twice? Sounds like insurance fraud..." - Cmdr. Pete Argusson; Episode 5.17 'Just fake'

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps