Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT: Iceland-class thoughts (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ENT: Iceland-class thoughts
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Iceland" doesnt need to be solely Fusion powered: they could (and likely) have been using VUlcan or other new alien designs for their short forrays out of the solar system.
I imagine the top item on Earth's list of wanted trading materials would be the tech for better warp drives.
No matter how "greatful" the humans were to the Viulcans, they'd try to get around the Vulcan's holding them back.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Using Vulcan or other new alien designs"? What show have YOU been watching? In this era, no one's interested in sharing their technology...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I dont know... didint they mention having a colony out on Alpha Centauri?
Hard to believe they only have commerce with the Vulcans.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
GAHH!!! I hate it when these unofficial names stick. I always felt the same way about people calling the Curry-type/Raging Queen the "Shelley-class" too...damn you MARRRRRRRRK!!!!!

Hey, without UF this is all I've got left. [Razz] Viva la Shelley class, you bastards!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes, of course, there were two Icelands in "The Expanse." Nice image, BTW.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

One was actually the Greenland.
People are always confusing those two...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it was the Finland, people are always confusing those two....

[Smile]

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait for the episode: "The Helskini Syndrome" a precursor to TOS's "The Immunity Syndrome". [Smile]

Actually those schematics of the Iceland - I didn't realise how close it looked to the "Lunar Orbiter".

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And tonight, 'The Hel-skin-i Syndrome', right here on Cinemax."
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully, Mim will post a size comparison chart of the lineage from X-33 to Babba Yagga.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could anyone post a size comparison chart if I email it to them? MMoM seems to be unavailable at the moment.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, go ahead. [email protected] [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to check my mail yesterday. [Embarrassed]

Irishman, there was no file attached to your message. Feel free to send it again. [Wink]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Success!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Nice chart -- but looking at the varied shapes, I think that the Iceland might actually have a shape closer to that you've got assigned to the Venture Star 2, with a pointier nose section. Just IMO.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps