Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Douglas class cruiser (One nacelle no less!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Douglas class cruiser (One nacelle no less!)
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenstar Studios:
Well look at it a little simpler," Great minds think alike." [Smile]

Well, modesty prevented me from saying that.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...I dont suppose you'd care to render the Douglas done up to my specs would you?
Because that would rock.

I can see a real design lineage from the Predator to Saladin then Polaris, Freedom and eventually Douglas class.
Mabye they're all from the same shipyards over the cours of a century. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Um...I dont suppose you'd care to render the Douglas done up to my specs would you?
Because that would rock.

I hope you're not asking me, since I don't know a thing about 3-D rendering. I just draw TOS ships in 2-D. Maybe Reverend, that well known delineator of modern starships, would be willing to draw up some schematics.

quote:
I can see a real design lineage from the Predator to Saladin then Polaris, Freedom and eventually Douglas class.
Mabye they're all from the same shipyards over the cours of a century. [Wink]

I agree, such a progression makes sense, but I'd leave out that hideous Freedom class. And they should also have that big deflector under the primary hull.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye you could just draw up a nice MSD?
Or schematics?
Or something?

I'll print them up as a tech manual insert if you do.....I have nice printers here. [Wink]

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

quote:
Mabye you could just draw up a nice MSD?
Or schematics?
Or something?

I'll print them up as a tech manual insert if you do.....I have nice printers here. [Wink]

Very tempting, but I must decline. I rarely do TNG-era ships and I've only done one MSD. Reverend's the guy you want for this job!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Thanks anyhow.

Revrend! Where for art thou?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Around.

It's certainly an interesting design, but not something that I'd be particularly excited about drawing.
There's just too many things about the design that I would want to change.
For a start I'd move the nacelle up so it's level with the deflector housing and do something to integrate those two structures.
Actually, to tell you the truth I'd probably want to move the deflector into the cut-out and make the nacelle stick straight out the back of the saucer, perhaps having the ram scoops moved to the front of the saucer ala steamrunner to give the design a more streamlined too and to evolve the concept instead of just repeating the old patterns.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Jason, if you take some larger, dead-on orthographic views (side, top and front), I'll see what I can do about making some schematics. No promises, though; if I'm having too many problems/frustrations with the schematics, I probably won't tough it out. You can post them here or email them to me. okazaki @ jikei.ac.jp

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Cool: I planned on shooting orthographic views tomorrow anyway.

Eventually, I plan on making one large size comparison chart of all the unique designs in my fleet.

Hey Masao, did you see this design of Chris'?
http://www.ravenstarstudios.com/federation/fed_scout.html

Loos like a Saladin/Constilation hybrid.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ravenstar Studios
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for Ravenstar Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao if you need I'll send you a copy . Once and a while someone does a nice set of drawings of one of my models , I have no problem setting someone up with copys.let meknow.

--------------------
Chris Lynch
www.Ravenstarstudios.com

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Chris, if you're offering me a free kit, sure!!! I've PM'd you my address.

--------------------

Ravenstar Studios
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for Ravenstar Studios     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done. [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Lynch
www.Ravenstarstudios.com

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you guys get the parts for these 1/2500 scale models? They all seem to oregular to all be hand made. I can see some parts being handmade...

I'm building my own hand-crafted model, haven't figured out the total look yet. I'm starting it from some hotel shampoo bottles that just REALLY have a good nacelle look. [Smile]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well...Ravenstar makes all his stuff from scratch.
I scour the earth in search of intresting, oddly scaled models that I can chop apart into new ships.
I also scratchbuild my own as time permits.

Is your ship going to be a Fed ship?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is your ship going to be a Fed ship?
Yes, in the TNG/DS9/VOY era, although it won't be in quite the same vein as the Sovereign/Nova style. I'm starting from these shapes for engine nacelles, and it will be styled as something like an intermediate step from the Galaxy to the Sovereign. More angular than the Galaxy, but more smooth lined than the Sovereign. I never really warmed up to the Sovereign as the new Enterprise. I can clean up some of the rough sketches I've been scribbling out, and will post a couple soon.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps