Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT: Intrepid as vector graphic (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ENT: Intrepid as vector graphic
Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
I wasn't happy with the colors from the first version, so I deleted it down to white for now. I think I'm going to try both a straight-up gray-with-a-tinge-of-blue and a less-saturated version of the tan color scheme. In the meantime, I've cleaned up and evened out the structures.

I thought the same about the thin connecting structure too, but then I thought the NX-01 was too thin too. But, it's thin in that direction, but wide in the other direction, which structurally makes up for it. The Intrepid, on the other hand, isn't nearly as wide there where the dorsal slopes down into the warp field stabilizer.

Tell me what you think:

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/WIP2.jpg

Irishman, I do not wish to step on any toes but i used your blank Indrepid and added some colours and texture. I think you design is great. Superb job. Here is what your design looks like with some colours and texture. Hope you and every one else likes.
http://spacemegs.com/odysious/images/Intrepid.gif

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odysius,

Not bad, my friend. Not bad at all.

Speaking of textures, have you seen the EdenFX mesh for the NX-01? Tje HIGH res one? OMG, I almost shit my pants, that thing is sick!

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think about this modification for the junction thickness of the dorsal to the warp field stabilizer?

I did a quick chop job in PS using the EdenFX NX-01 mesh, btw.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/WIP3.jpg

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where could one find said mesh?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is sweet. I have not seen the EdenFX mesh for the NX-01. Do you have a link to it?
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Where could one find said mesh?

There are the multi-views of the CGI NX-01 from the Polar Lights website:

Multi-View NX-01

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Irishman
Member # 1188

You're damn right, wow. [Smile]

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

Ok, stick a fork in it. At least this view for now. Any more will call for a higher-detail version.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Final.jpg

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Very nice! Can't wait to see the other views. One thing: I'd love to see it with a color scheme more akin to what we saw in the episodes. And without the conjectural hull markings. With those details of presentation, I'm sure Bernd would be very eager to include your drawings in his database.

EDIT:
Looking over the caps here, I'm not sure the hull midpoint rally *should* be so skinny, but I'll trust your judgment. Also, I'd be willing to bet that the nav-deflector should have a little nub/spike in the center like the NX-01's.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ March 09, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some nice Iceland pics there... next schematic?

Is the Iceland maybe what Archer's model was of in "Broken Bow"?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

No, it's quite different, though they do share an overall triangular shape.

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

MMoM,

Why should I remove the hull markings in order to have Bernd be able to use it?? I'm lost.

I'm trying to work on the other views, using the fabulous EdenFX mesh as a guide. I'm trying to keep the shuttle bay in the same location it is on NX-01, as well as engineering and primary systems. The difference being that the Intrepid not being Warp 5-capable, it won't have the "superchargers" that the NX-01 has. The impulse engines will be moved up to the outer edges of Deck 5.

If all goes well, I may have more views in a week or so.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Oh, it's just that Bernd (IIRC) prefers to keep things as close to canon as possible, and the designation of the ship as NV class is completely unsupposrted by the show. Not that it's a bad conjecture, of course, but it ain't canonical.

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

Well,

I said it was done, but go figure. I couldn't stop fiddling with it.

Here's the latest, taking into account as many suggestions as I could.

Think Bernd will like it now? [Smile]

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Bernd.jpg

These next two show kind of how I'm exploring the angles and proportions of everything for the other views. I'm learning a lot about deck positioning, egress, etc, (also using the EdenFX mesh). The yellow lines indicate deck lines, while the blue lines represent hull lines.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/hires.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/inserti.jpg

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps