Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Your Part of Starfleet (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your Part of Starfleet
CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

- posted      Profile for CaptainMaxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case you have misunderstood me: The cage would only be expendable in width not in height...

After having reviewed the actual version, I think it would be good to give the ship a tail like the Excelsior (the auxiliary shuttle bay aft) and probably some additional nacelle pylons connecting the upper nacelle pair with the tail and maybe even a horizontal strut between the nacelles...

I do not know if this would look good, it was just an idea. I suggested connecting the upper part of the cage to the nacelles; this would put an enormous stress on the two single pylons consuming a large amount of energy for the SIF. So far Starfleet has always built very efficient designs...

The deflector should probably be a little bit larger.

I like the flattened nacelles but they still don't suit, but I have no clue how the nacelles should actually look... (maybe the marker kind of Cheyenne/Springfield?) But they ain't that important.

--------------------
"Ah, Romulans. I like them best burning and in pieces."

Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Class 1 Design Variant CC, now with tail, I still think that the pylons can handle the stress.
CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

- posted      Profile for CaptainMaxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh... should have sent a pic. The tail was supposed to be on the lower hull, under the cage.

--------------------

Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dare to be different my friend...
Paladin181
Member # 833

I've updated it, now with two large shuttlebays aft.

Should the ship be longer or is the size good?

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/dero/

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

Have to talk to CinC Construction Command to reserve a dock for construction; I like it, will make a nice addition to the fleet.

A few cosmetic ideas will follow tomorrow (have no time today for a drawing)

The ship was constructed in a Type IV dockyard giving it a maximum length of appx. 550 metres.

--------------------

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

The block garage where the nacelles are mounted should be fully integrated into the secondary hull, also the cage should be more integrated.

I like the lifeboats, put a few more on it.

I would like to have just straight nacelles without an edge (but still the X), with the lower nacelles directly connected to the lower secondary hull.

The lateral cargo/shuttle doors would make logistical operations very difficult (like the Nebula main shuttle bay), they should all be facing aft.

Maybe you can make the upper secondary hull as wide as the lower one

--------------------

Paladin181
Member # 833

O.k., the revisions have been made, I've really bulked it up quite a bit.

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

As long as you are not one of the 3DS guys there's nothing more to do with 2D art. I think we can approve it for construction.

Just one thing: How about a top view?

A few specs:

Length: 532 m
Beam: 290 m w/o nacelles, 435 m full, 750 m expanded
Height: 290 m
Mass: 4.550.000 metric tons empty, appx. 1.200.000 metric tons cargo capacity, can hold parts with up to 6.000.000 metric tons in dock
Armament: None
Unit Run
Pyramid 49124
Phidias 49125
Halicarnassos 49126
Pharos 49127
Ephesos 49128
Colossus 49129
Semiramis 49130
(the 'FAB' means 'Federation, Auxiliary, Construction')

--------------------------------------------------
And if I haven't already driven you mad you are cordially invited for 'Your Part II of Starfleet'

--------------------

Paladin181
Member # 833

Top View is now online....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad....but you've got that huge empty space where the Olympic's deflectot's supposed to be.

May I reccomend stuttlebays there?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Paladin181
Member # 833

Shuttlebay recommended and implemented, as well as new insignia and Hieroglyphics...

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

I have tried to post this already yesterday but ... aargh I hate Windows.

I thought the Olympic's deflector is in the secondary hull. Must have overseen it.

I think that the yellow arrow is only worn by Starfleet ships (though I may be wrong). The Pyramid's are operated by Starfleets Construction Command but they are registrated under the flag of the Department of Traffic (therefore the FAB- instead of the usual NCC-). So they better should carry the logos of the Federation and the DOT instead of Starfleets signs.

I'm not sure about the shuttlebay in the saucer. The saucer was supposed to be the living area for the (large) crew, without any not-crew installations. The secondary hulls are used for shuttlebays and cargo/fuel/shuttle/bee storage and of course for engineering.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps