Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Advanced Starship Design Bureau (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Advanced Starship Design Bureau
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention

Advanced Starship Design Bureau

------------------
"The Fabrux will never relent"
-Elim Garak

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 09, 1999).]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*brings it to the top*

Thank you, Fabrux.

------------------
"Since we know that the frames are 1/24 of a second, this means that the time delay between the two frames above is 0.83 seconds. If Alderaan was roughly Earth-like in size, then the first frame shows a superheated debris cloud roughly 17500 km wide, with large trails of debris that extend to a width of roughly 31000 km."
Mike Wong
Ex Astris Scientia

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to help out...

This is like best guess and no kitbashing?

------------------
hello world

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wouldn't say there's no kitbashing.... I really can't answer that question. Bernd?

------------------
"The Fabrux will never relent"
-Elim Garak

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 09, 1999).]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My feeling is that there are good kitbashed designs such as the Miranda and Nebula and bad ones like the Fact Files Niagara, the Yeager and the Constitution-Intrepid. It depends on the components used and the way they are arranged.

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is that the Bradbury class isnt a ship, its a boat...look at the forward and aft views, those arent warp nacelles, those are pontoons!!
IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

"In case of an emergency landing this ship may serve as a floatation device".
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

It's updated: http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/asdb/asdb.htm
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Too bad there's already an Apollo design from the show, and the one there doesn't look anything like it...

------------------
"Now you're the only one here who can tell me if it's true,
That you love me, and I love me..."
-They Might Be Giants, "Kiss Me, Son of God"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've seen the Deneva, too.

------------------
Consolidated Artichoke

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to sound ignorant but....we have?
IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For about two seconds in "Legacy."

------------------
Consolidated Artichoke

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Yes, we will probably have to remove it from the list. IIRC it was some kind of triangular ship, but I guess it had warp nacelles, so it was not the Mondor or Jovis. Could it be the same as the frequently seen Bajoran freighter?

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that everyone agreed the Bradbury was an intrepid without moving nacelles.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

[This message has been edited by bear (edited August 20, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never heard that one before.

------------------
"I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well."
--
Tool

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps