Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Advanced Starship Design Bureau (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Advanced Starship Design Bureau
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laz1701: Is it correct your Bradbury is an essentially different design than the Intrepid, I mean, similar, but not using any Intrepid components?

As I said, there is room for alternative designs...

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's a different design that uses no Intrepid components at all. In fact, all its components are new, especially the engines. It's sort of an intermediate step between the Galaxy and the Intrepid. I've seen the schematic of it that's on the Starship Schematics site, and that schematic is wrong, as it shows an Intrepid with Ambassador nacelles. That schematic seems to be an attempt to approximate my design using already existing components.
IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's exactly what I thought. I first saw your nice little schematic and it was pleasant to see it was not just an Intrepid kitbash as opposed to the Intrepid-Ambassador at Starship Schematics which is neither credible nor creative.

Did you ever create larger schematics and top views of your ship designs? I'm asking this with our ASDB in mind.

Laz1701
Ex-Member

I've never done larger versions or multiple views, just those small profiles. However, once I'm done with all the ships I still have to put up on my site, I might do some multiple views of my own designs.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

CaptSershek
Ex-Member

I, too, use Laz's pictures on my site, but I asked permission as well as crediting him and John Maltz and of course, the link. I have been using his designs in my Filemaker Pro Starship database for about 5 years now and I am very greatful as a result. As usual, I always look forward to more stuff from him as well as others I've seen.

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's you site?

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

CaptSershek
Ex-Member

My site is at http://www.mib.org/~sfof/.

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no. Laz's site.

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's linked in his sig, but it's at www.pacificnet.net/~filmman/starships

------------------
All hands, brace for impact!
WHAM!!

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Laz: Is the Bradbury saucer akin to Voyager's, elliptical or circular?
Laz1701
Ex-Member

My Bradbury's saucer is elliptical. Picture a Galaxy-type saucer elongated to the same shape as the Intrepid's.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ressurects thread*

There's been a lot of stuff added since the last time this thread was seen..

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, some stuff in this topic I've never heard of!
Have we seen the Deneva Class?? And what or who are the Mondor or the Jovis??
Is the Bajoran freighter the thing we see in the DS9 intro docked at the station?
Europa explorer?!?

------------------
So small,
so innocent,
so young,
so delicately done,
grown up in your poison.

"Little Baby Swastikkka"
-Skunk Anansie

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

We saw the Deneva for about 3 nanoseconds in "Legacy". The Mondor and the Jovis are a generic freighter-type design, like seen in the opening credits of DS9. The Europa explorer is a Galaxy with a heavy phaser on the bottom of the saucer and 4 nacelles in either an "x" or a "+", I can't remember.

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was there longer than that! Although it was an exploding grey dot, it was intact for at least a second!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps