Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » U.S.S. Excalibur (Constitution sub-class) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Excalibur (Constitution sub-class)
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desided to deign a Constitution Variant that is somewhere between the movie refit and the original. I will be using the Phase II design and other fan ships of the era for inspiration. Currently, I'm working on a Spline drawing of the Constitution to work from.

My progress so far:
 -

I am using Charles Casmiro's blueprits as a guide for my base Constituion

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks nice. Yes, the center part of the ship and the nacelle pylons is probably where the original and the refit differ the most.

Have you decided if you will have torpedo launchers in the "neck"?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spline?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Common name for 2D shapes in 3D software. So, I'm assuming this going to end up 3D?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Fanciful:
Looks nice. Yes, the center part of the ship and the nacelle pylons is probably where the original and the refit differ the most.

Have you decided if you will have torpedo launchers in the "neck"?

I think I'm going to use the round launchers from the "Blooper Show" image

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Common name for 2D shapes in 3D software. So, I'm assuming this going to end up 3D?

Not sure if I'll do a 3d model. I'm using Splines in 3dstudio Max because its the style of vector drawing I'm most famillear with.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about blue bussard collectors?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Update on the Constitution Nacelles:
 -

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Basic Constitution Outline nearly compleate:

-
1502x369

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excalibur?
That looks nothing like an Ambassador class starship! [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Thats because its the USS Excalibur from The Ultimate Computer. [Wink]

I desided since it was heavyly damaged in the episode, during their repairs they'd refit it some [Big Grin]

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Basic Constitution finished, next the detailing, then the refit

-
1502x369

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Just something I did for fun:
 -

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are using splines in 3DMAX to produce a 2D image?

I'm sure that's not what programmers had in mind when they implemented this function. [Smile]

Nevertheless, it looks very nice.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Kazeite:
quote:
You are using splines in 3DMAX to produce a 2D image?

I'm sure that's not what programmers had in mind when they implemented this function. [Smile]

Nevertheless, it looks very nice.

Hey, you use what you know how to use. I have Illustrator, Photoshop, and Freehand, but I can't produce images that good. I make little pixellated crap in a 10-year-old paint program instead.

Marian

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true. I tried several times to learn Freehand, as many people claim it is 'better'. But I'm so completely used to CorelDRAW, that it just doesn't work.

I've been using Corel since version 4, and you just learn how do certain things. There are only one thing I really miss: 'expanding' curves, making an equidistantly larger curve, instead of proportional scaling. If this sounds strange, it's because I really don't know what this method is properly called.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps