Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Phun with Photoshop Multichannel Files (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Phun with Photoshop Multichannel Files
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last one was seperation issues, like when a child goes through a divorce or when they're put in foster care. And the first one is the cover of our annual report.

You discern correctly that the model for that photo is attractive. And when I say "attractive" I mean divinely beautiful. Sadly, she's only 17. And I looked like a complete jackass during the photoshoot, standing on a chair trying to get the right angle and giving expert instruction like, "Pretend like you're having an arguement with your mom!" We were in an empty office at my work, though, so I couldn't actually tell her to scream. It would've caused problems.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has a shine to her, reminds me of Maria Bello.
Girls with fire are attractive, as long as they don't burn others with it. Which, I just noticed now, takes us directly into "Borderline"-territory, lol.

She's scary, you can't tell if it's a smile or a grimace, it really catches the core of being borderline, entirely whimsical.

Oh I hope she wasn't borderline herself, or if so, that your place gave her what she needed. It's a deserving cause you work for.

I really like the yellow-and-sepia you used in the middle photo, reminds me of a stunning poster I saw a year back, for a festival.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, she's a completely normal girl. We just used her to model for the piece. She's, like, the daughter of a friend of someone who works here. We've used her fpr other pieces too.

The colors used for all three pieces are Pantone 130 (a yellow) and Pantone 660 (a blue). The sepia effect I got on the second piece came from stripping one of the RGB channels out of the photo, then reassigning the remaining to channels to the PMS colors. It keeps much more of the photographic subtlety then you get when you convert to greyscale, then duotone, then multichannel. It really works well and you get a very realistic looking image.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That you got.
Say, do you have a larger version of the poster in question, I might want to show it to a friend of mine, she's into photos.

Aban: "...then reassigning the remaining channels to the PMS colors."

I was wondering where that 'shine' of hers came from. *blows brains out at pantshittingly awful yet subtle joke*

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Poster? You mean the annual report cover (with the running kids on it)? I could make you a larger version of it if you like, but if I get too big, i won't be able to upload it.

*chorgle* PMS colors as pre-menstral syndrome jokes... I've never ever heard that before... (not)

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
Member # 205

Aban Rune: "You mean the annual report cover (with the running kids on it)?"

No the Borderline one. And you can either email, MSN or ICQ it, .png or whatever.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Oh. OK. I'll try to fire you something off here in a bit. But it's just a postcard, not a full sized poster.

PM me with your email addie.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Recent phun:

-

It's the front side of a "Save the Date" postcard for an event we're about to hold. The back side is similarly photographic with all the information being displayed on a piece of paper.

The image was created by scanning several different elements, putting them together in Photoshop, then converting to a 2-color multichannel file to give it a nice antiquey look.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That's really nice. It really comes out full color.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps