Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT: Intrepid Final Views (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ENT: Intrepid Final Views
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided to break my own moratorium on not posting my work while image thieves are lurking around. I wanted to at least finish posting my Intrepid work here. It only seems right to do it.

Here is the first of the orthos, the dorsal view, with a silhouette scale of the starboard view with it. I will post completed versions of the other views as I go, as I finish them. I'm not promising the insanely-detailed version anymore. I find putting that much work into a project just to have it stolen a bit on the angering side.

Irishman

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Intrepiddorsal.jpg

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear God or equivocal deity! That is beautiful...damn near professional! Awesome work Irishman!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice. Just one suggestion... posting it as a *.gif file might eliminate the mottling effect in some parts of the picture that *.jpgs sometimes have in like, line-art art-work.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome work Irishman. You do such fine work and I am always glad to see your work. You and Narsil have a great deal in common, I can see it in your work. Well, keep up the great highly detailed work and I am looking forward to seeing more of those professional profile views.

Cheers,

Sarvek [Wink]

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarvek,

That's funny you mention Narsil. [Smile] I was struggling to come up with a good way to do a page layout with my Enterprise-era work, and never really got it feeling right. Then Narsil came along with his NX-01 orthos and I really liked his page layout. I decided to go that way, taking elements from the Enterprise GUI on the show, and this layout emerged. I'm not the first to go that way. The guys over at the Subspace forums have been doing it for a while now.

Great bunch, those guys! [Smile] Theelnombre's work is inspired.

Andrew, Illustrator 10 doesn't have the option to export as a .gif file, or else I would do so, of course. [Smile]

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The top view is amazing, but the side view is a little dark IMO. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Irishman
Member # 1188

Haha,

The side view is a bit of a tease, I'm afraid. Guess which view I'm going to post next? [Razz]

Maybe if there was enough demand for the Insanely-detailed version I'd finish that too. The dorsal view is almost finished on that one. I've been thinking of a way to do a huge (1600 x 1200) graphic of the ship while showing zoomed areas of the really uber-detailed areas. (So that all the work uber-detailing it won't be wasted on you, the viewer.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly was looking forward intensely to seeing the final product behind all the "insanely detailed" sections you posted while in progress. The above looks great, though.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Irishman
Member # 1188

I'm on a roll, guys.

Even though this is technically not a WIP, I'm open to suggestions.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Intrepid2view.jpg

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say, the ship looked a lot better on the screen. The ginormous nacelles look kind of goofy in an isometric side view like that. I guess it's like the New Orleans. Really nice in perspective, but ugly in three-view.

Which is not a comment on the quality of the drawing, mind you. Just the ship itself.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Really nice Illustrator work. Using the symbol feature in case you feel like making a shaded version?
Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irishman, great work so far on the Intrepid. [Wink] Are you also planning on using the same format on the Flying Wing warp 2 starship? I also have a suggestion for a name for that ship- "Spirit". The name "Spirit" would be after the B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber used by the USAF and is also the most advanced flying wing to date.

Cheers,

Sarvek [Wink]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn nice rendering. [Smile]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

Here's the latest view.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Intrepid3view.jpg

Comments?

--------------------

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or do the nacelles not look thick enough? I mean the illustration is top motch, fantastic, I just recalled the nacells being thicker, less sleek than the drawing shows. Yeah, they're big to the ship, I just thought they were more sausage like too. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps