Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ENT: Intrepid Final Views (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ENT: Intrepid Final Views
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The overall silhouette of the nacelles is thick. There is an optical illusion I think you're seeing in my views with the pipes and catwalk running alongside the nacelle. This is where I believe the extra thickness is located.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, but I just noticed how shitty the last image I posted was.

Here's a GIF format of the same file. It should be an improvement.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Intrepid3view.gif

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! I have a nit, and I don't even know if it's a proper nit. But in the rear view, where the nacelle pylons meet the hull, I get the impression that those shapes are more complex than simple rotated rectangles, that they might be slightly tapered/flared, and maybe a little 'swoopy'. But you've probably got more info about those shapes than I do. It just stuck out as being a little odd. Great renderings, though.
CaptainTombs
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will you be finising this awesome work of art by adding the front view ?
IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! I'm aquiring three (2500th resin) NX-01's next week sometime and will be using your excelent illustration to build the Intrepid from one or two.

Mabye I'll sennd you (Irishman) one if they turn out nicely.
My NX-01 in the same scale turned out great (as I brag) so this should be a snap.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

Jason,

That would be awesome! Im flattered that you consider my intrepid that good.

Yet, I have been working on it quietly in the background. I am enlarging the views, and shading them, which is causing me to rethink some elements. If you can wait a week or two, I can be completely done.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double-posteriffic!
Look down. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

No rush- I've got lots to do before I get to the Intrepid.
Like this-
Here's (grainy) pics of my completed 2500th K'Tinga!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1235443&uid=657989

More pics:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3843157&uid=657989
The NX-01:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1163116&uid=657989

By comparison, a Intrepid will be a snap!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, Irishman! I've been enjoying your stuff for some time now and am really looking forward to the completion of this particular schematic.

Thanks.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Irishman
Member # 1188

Does anyone have Flare upload access? I STILL don't have enough messages to use it, so I've been using photobucket. Problem with the new Intrepid shaded version is it's too big, even as a perceptive GIF file. (372 k). Photobucket arbitrarily trims all files above 250 k, and trust me, it does NOT look good. Can I email the dorsal view to anyone who can post it for me in full size?

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
Does anyone have Flare upload access? I STILL don't have enough messages to use it, so I've been using photobucket. Problem with the new Intrepid shaded version is it's too big, even as a perceptive GIF file. (372 k). Photobucket arbitrarily trims all files above 250 k, and trust me, it does NOT look good. Can I email the dorsal view to anyone who can post it for me in full size?

My Photobucket page says images up to 1 MB are allowed. I don't know when it increased, but it was 500 kb last week. Check your page and see if your limit is still 250 kb. I've also contributed to the site, so maybe that's the reason.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Irishman
Member # 1188

Masao,

On my login page, it says images larger than 250 k are automatically resized. Maybe they don't like me. LOL

That's as of Thursday 9/30/04 11 am.

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

Masao,

I figured out why the difference. I use free Photobucket. You must be using the Premium service.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irishman: I contributed $25 when I signed up but haven't given anything since. If someone else hasn't offered to host your puny 372 kb file, email it to me and I'll put it up on my Photobucket page. The address is okazaki at jikei.ac.jp

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Here's Irishman's schematic. It's big, so step back after clicking the link! Intrepid Schematic

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps