Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » CHALLENGE - Re-Design the ENT Uniforms! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CHALLENGE - Re-Design the ENT Uniforms!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TOS changed their uniforms in the first season.

TNG swapped duds in the third.

DS9 went all grey in the fifth.

VOY, well... Didn't. And that sucked.

Now, the odds are that ENT will never get a uniform change either. But what if they did? And more importantly, what should they look like?

Production people and some actors have noted that the current ENT costumes are relatively uncomfortable for the actors. They're more form-fitting than the recent TNG entries, and certainly leave little room for growth, as it were. Could you imagine what S7 Riker would look like in the S1 spandex? I shudder.

This thread challenges Flareites to re-design the ENT uniforms for the next logical iteration, just as the uniforms for the first three series changed. Maintaining the basic motif established by the current uniforms, have fun playing with what the next ones should be. Extra points go to a uniform variation for the captain's personal use - something missing in ENT and VOY.

Ready? Go!

Mark <--- Looks good in my old VOY costume, anyway...

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TOS-miniskirt for Sato (and for the rumoured Starfleet T'Pol). And the rank pips have to go. Oh, and the ship's logo should move to the familiar TOS place.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
{HomerSimpson} Mmmm . . . mini-skirted Hoshi. {/HomerSimpson}

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we have them wearing capes?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Gort-helmets.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunny ears for the ladies and a spike collar for Porthos.....and T'Pol as well.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This took me forever cause I basicly re-drew the 'uniform' graphic and i am NOT GOOD at human forms.

Anyway: Simple but diffrent:

-

Plus a bit of texture

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too First Contact, lose the shoulders. I'd like to see them moving to a two-piece though, with division-coloured shirt underneath, implying that at some point they stopped wearing the overjacket except for on landing parties (cf. "The Cage") then ultimately did away with it altogether and you have something that becomes the TOS uniform.

The lack of divisional colours in "The Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gine Before" is a real bugger when you're trying to think of a style that could infer some progression from ENT jumpsuits to TOS bellbottoms. B(

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

There was no logical progression from TOS, via TMP, to Movie-era either. And there *were* division colours in WNMHGB.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, most people don't realize that it was beige in place of red for those two episodes, but the colors essentially meant the same thing from ENT -> Cage/WNMHGB -> TOS -> TNG
command: gold -> gold -> gold -> red
ops: red -> beige -> red -> gold
sci: blue -> blue -> blue -> blue
omitting the TMP and MOV era, because they used a six color (if not more) system rather than the three divisions.

BTW, it might be fascinating for intermediary uniforms between ENT and The Cage to use styles from the TMP and Movie uniforms.. hrm

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the ENT uniforms are going to change in the near future, my guess is that it would be after the cliffhanger story arc when the ENT crew safely returns to (their) present day Earth and the series kind of relaunches with a new story arc.

If it doesn't happen then, it probably won't happen for at least another season, if ever.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do they need new uniforms? The only reason TNG changed them was because the initial design was too uncomfortable for the actors, and the only reason DS9 changed them was because they created a new design for FC. Since there is no analagous situation on ENT, there's no reason for them to change the uniforms.

Oh, and the "gold" from the TOS pilots and the first two seasons wasn't gold, it was green. The same green that Kirk's wraparound and dress uniform were, in fact. But the material that the tunics were made out of (velour) reflected light in such a way that on camera it appeared gold. So when the third season came around, they just made them gold.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The only reason TNG changed them was because the initial design was too uncomfortable for the actors"

Plus, noone needs to see android package.

I don't think they'll change uniforms either. I'm just saying "if they do", which was kind of the point of the thread, no?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Production people and some actors have noted that the current ENT costumes are relatively uncomfortable for the actors.
quote:
The only reason TNG changed them was because the initial design was too uncomfortable for the actors. . . Since there is no analagous situation on ENT, there's no reason for them to change the uniforms.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

If this was TOS, the Internet would just have exploded.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps