Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » CHALLENGE - Re-Design the ENT Uniforms! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CHALLENGE - Re-Design the ENT Uniforms!
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even know why you're here.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To torment you and everyone else that thinks a low-budget 1960's TV show is somehow the pinnacle of design and can never be improved upon, Ultra-Moojuice.

Really, some TOS fans are just as fanatical as any religion.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Captain from M.I.K.E.:
well, there was a Starfleet style Delta for UESPA on Ares IV, and a warped Starfleet style delta on the SF command patch in the ENT era, so I'm postulating that the sideways, warped version may start around the formation of the federation (the boomerang pennant insignia also looks like its a partial evolution from the ENT SF command patch, too)

i don't think its too far fetched for Starfleet to have a delta symbol, theyre everywhere during the 2000s and 2100s, even before the 1701

Well your 'sideways warped version' - is the 'boomerang' from the TOS starship pennents and the starfleet command logo AND seen on TOS starbases... where is that picture of Starbase ??11?? again...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets not forget the Cronowerx logo which most likely was the company that gave way to many Starfleet era technologies (modern computing, etc). This was circa 1996.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that logo was actually the emblem of the 29th-century Starfleet.

I agree that the classic arrowhead should not crop up, especially not as a fleetwide symbol.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
But that logo was actually the emblem of the 29th-century Starfleet.

I agree that the classic arrowhead should not crop up, especially not as a fleetwide symbol.

Henry Starling found the Aeon timeshuttle that Braxton crashed into 1960's earth. It had this 29th Century Starfleet emblem and he used it and the technological secrets inside the Aeon timeshuttle to form Cronowerx, who is majorly responsible for the late 20th century technological leap (and possibly the very early catalyst for the technologies used almost 150 years later).

So someone adapts the Cronowerx logo as the symbol for early interstellar probes, the Enterprise, and finally Starfleet itself.

I think we all know where this is going.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could easily turn into a timelines-argument...

But regardless, the arrowhead should NOT appear on Enterprise.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Into the toilet.
Member # 239

Is where It is going.
Wes
Member # 212

Hey, it works.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Trek version of the arrowhead shouldn't appear, but what about something closer to the contemporary flight symbol? If you don't understand what I mean, it's the delta-shaped widget seen many places, but especially prominent on the AF Space Command logo. Basically, it's our familiar arrowhead, except symmetrical and non-curvy.

B.J.

Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/dero/Image.html

I think something like this as the captain's special tunic, imagine a ship patch on the shoulder and rank bars or pips on top of the shoulders. A little old is new again.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a special ops uniform from TNG.
Mabye if the kept that design but in the current starfleet blue and just added pips.
Or mabye a color-coded departmental band on the cuffs to denote rank instead (three for commander, etc.).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps