Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Shuttle fun (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shuttle fun
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just doodling around with shuttle liveries, and trying out a TOS-era shuttlepod. Class F based on these.

-

EDIT: I seem to be obsessed by the number 12...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks cool, but the other shuttles should probably have names too
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 huh? Then what about NCC-1712 USS Bonhomme Richard?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see someone was watching "Endgame" again...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nifty littlekljdsfavn...........
Nifyfsad........
Dammit!

Nifty little shuttlepod there!

(It's really difficult to type when a cat insists on walking across your hands. [Roll Eyes] )

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that little pod. Thaz cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A shuttle from the Naval Patrol (as mentioned on VOY).
 -

And since I had to come up with a UNP logo anyway:
 -

--------------------

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool images! what about a shuttle from the Alien crewed vessels (like Intrepid)

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Gav
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hear, hear!
IP: Logged
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are the extra parts on the Naval Patrol version?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Well.. I'm sure the USS Intrepid has the same Starfleet livery. So, basically, it's the same as the Kongo's shuttle, except with a different name [Razz]

--------------------

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What are the extra parts on the Naval Patrol version?
You mean the snorkel and the sonar? [Smile]

Seriously, I have a problem with the nomenclature, since "naval" could just as easily refer to the spacegoing ship-using organizations of Trek, and indeed should. Couldn't they have invented a "wetter" word?

Or perhaps Tom was merely speaking of an organization akin to scouts, one where "naval" in the name refers to the space navies, and where playing around in planetary seas is what the kids do as a substitute to the "real thing"...

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

It could be a Coast Guard type of space service, but probably not a boy scouts organization, since Tom really wanted to join the Federation Naval Patrol instead of Starfleet, IIRC.

But to me, 'naval' just sounds too wet to be about spacecraft flying through space. Never has the word navy been used to describe Starfleet or any other space service. Besides, a wet navy service is something different from the usual starship stuff.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Seriously, I have a problem with the nomenclature, since "naval" could just as easily refer to the spacegoing ship-using organizations of Trek, and indeed should
The fact that the FNP was mentioned in an episode with a water world strongly suggests that it is indeed a maritime organization.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps