Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Shuttle fun (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shuttle fun
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starfleet Galaxy Class vessels: Easily destroyed in kamakazie attacks.
Starfleet Attack fighters: useless- unless you want to aggrivate the Cardassians.

At least that's what the voices in my brain are telling me.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
IIRC, on a British aircraft carrier, it is actually RAF aviators who fly the planes
Normally this isn't the case. The Fleet Air Arm provides pilots for all RN helicopters and Sea Harriers and they're in the Navy. RAF Harriers can and have flown from RN carriers to support the Sea Harriers, especially since the joint harrier command thingy was set up.

However seeing as how Tony 'this is a war on terrorism and we must all make sacrifices' Blair has decided to sacrifice our armed forces, the RAF will be providing all Harriers for the RN. After all, they've got the same name as the Sea Harrier (well, almost) so they must do the same thing. Or not. RAF Harriers are designed for ground support, not air superiority. Another gloriously fantastic decision bought to you by our Dear Leader and his pack of cretins.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
We know.

Good. [Big Grin]

Not all women in the Navy are bad looking. Most enlisted women, yes. Officer women are far better looking though. And the longer you're out to sea, the better looking they get.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just saying that Catherine Bell has some large breasts.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are the property of Ron Hubbard, though.
japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, the fighters we saw in DS9, much like the runabouts, could be the Starfleet equivalent of PT Boats of WWII. Small, maneuverable boats with small crews used for close attacks with torpedoes. Essentially the "fighters" of a naval squadron. For an excellent example (and very similar to the way they were used in the DS9 episode when they re-take the station) see the last battle in the movie "In Harm's Way."

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, the sound I hear in my head when I think of the little shuttlepod flying is the noise from "The Jetsons".

Alas, that totally kills the pod's credibility in my mind, but otherwise it's a spiffy design.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
They are the property of Ron Hubbard, though.

F THAT/
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
For some reason, the sound I hear in my head when I think of the little shuttlepod flying is the noise from "The Jetsons".

I take that as a compliment, as it would really fit with Jefferies early "Jetsons"-like auxilliary craft designs [Razz]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any other views of the pod?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps