Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » BSG Viper (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG Viper
Starbuck1978
Member # 1703

- posted      Profile for Starbuck1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board and I actually came across this thread whilst looking for Viper pictures and reference photos. I have to say I'm REALLY impressed w/ the amount of work that was put into the Vipers especially the custom Designs! I'm A BIG fan of the new series, and I love the Mk. II redesign of the Viper. I also play the video alot even though I'm stuck on this one level thats really hard. Anyways, I was wondering if there were any plans to do the remaining views of the Viper? The artowrk you've done sofar is awesome, and I like the original ideas for the USAF and Sukhoi Russian variants. I f we had Vipers in our airforce I'd join today lol! But anyways more to the point I just wanted to say I loved the artwork, and was hoping you'll do some more pictures like the 3/4 views as well as the bottom front and rear angles. Also, did you have any plans for making a Silver Spar Squadron variant? I don't know if they ever mentioned Pegasus in the new series, but if I recall the silver spar squadron on that battlestar had unique markings. Any ways, enough for now, but thanks again for making some awesome pics.
Starbuck1978
Member # 1703

- posted      Profile for Starbuck1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS. I was wondering if anyone in the US has gotten the new series' season 1 on DvD. I was wondering how it compared to the regular airings on Sci-Fi (extended/added scenes etc.) If anyone can let me know I'll be better informed when I go and pic my copy up!
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 1 of BSG has been released on DVD labeled as the "UK Edition" or something at Best Buy.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait for the actual full-retail release on September 20th, if you can.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I learned about it a few days go... I had plans to eventually buy the miniseries DVD together with the first season box once it was released, but if it's going to include it, all the better. I wonder if the 1st season episodes will be dubbed too, like the miniseries was... it's one of the best dubbings I've heard lately (most other ones from the last 10 years or so seem amateurish).

[Oh, in case you're wondering, a friend of mine bought the miniseries DVD back then when it was released... various circumstances prevented me from buying it so far]

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the compliments, Starbuck! I wasn't really planning on doing any more views for the alternative paint schemes. If I did, it would only be a top view since any non-ortho or perspective view would be a huge pain to attempt. As for Silver Spar Squadron, I don't know what that looks like. I do remember seeing the Pegasus in the original series, but it was so long ago.

B.J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should make a whie Viper with red stripes as an X-Wing riff.

oh wait....

I dig that "Triton" version- reminds me of Enterprise B's colors.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured this thread would be the right home for this:
 -

B.J.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect in case the Cylons ever decide to replicate Jabberjaw.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Got the original Viper done!
 -

Also did a size comparison of the ships I've drawn so far (click for larger size):
 -

B.J.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps