Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Phase II Enterprise Images? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Phase II Enterprise Images?
Father Robert Lyons, SST
Member # 1372

- posted      Profile for Father Robert Lyons, SST     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone had worked on making any detailed 2D schematic renderings or 3D renderings of the Phase II variant of the Constitution class.

Any links or images would be gratefully appreciated.

Rob+

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't look like it...

One of the people involved in producing Ships of the Star Fleet Vol 1 was lurking on these boards awhile back, under the forum name Aridas. Some of the designs in that book were obviously influenced by the Phase II design. Maybe he's still around.

Marian

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aridas Sofia. He's a member here, and posts regularly on that other message board.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that other message board really as horrible as Flareites have implied?

Marian

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn straight it is. There's always some novel-thumping evangelist coming along and talking endlessly about how only TOS is true Star Trek and everything else is shit. And the mods are all power-tripping Nazis.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(It's a real downer, man.)
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Father Robert Lyons, SST:
I was wondering if anyone had worked on making any detailed 2D schematic renderings or 3D renderings of the Phase II variant of the Constitution class.

Any links or images would be gratefully appreciated.

Rob+

Since the model was never finished, I'd say the chances are slim to none that there are "detailed" schematics. The best you could hope for are probably whatever plans were being used to build the (never completed) Phase II ship seen in the book on Phase II.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the Message Board politics keep me well away from that board- even when my models are linked in or discussed (and that's how I joined Flare).

Mabye when I meet Andy Probert in May, I'll makeup a Flare invitation for him.
...or I could become notorious by lopping off his hands! That'd kill Trek but quick! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TrekBBS is not that bad. Especially Tech and Art are pretty good. But the ENT board more than makes up for those two in awkardness.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phht.
I spend too much time online as it is.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Father Robert Lyons, SST
Member # 1372

- posted      Profile for Father Robert Lyons, SST     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
Since the model was never finished, I'd say the chances are slim to none that there are "detailed" schematics. The best you could hope for are probably whatever plans were being used to build the (never completed) Phase II ship seen in the book on Phase II.

I am looking more for something fan-generated... apparently, in doing some more research, there was a thread here about 2 or 3 years ago where something was posted, but all of the links are dead.

Rob+

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Well, then you should try to get your hands on Ships of the Star Fleet, Volume One and/or the Heavy Cruiser Evolution Chart. It has schematics of the Phase II model, and of the variation seen on some early production work (the 'poster' ship). The first one is called the Constitution (II) class, the second is the known as Tikopai in fandom circles.

--------------------

Father Robert Lyons, SST
Member # 1372

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Well, then you should try to get your hands on Ships of the Star Fleet, Volume One and/or the Heavy Cruiser Evolution Chart. It has schematics of the Phase II model, and of the variation seen on some early production work (the 'poster' ship). The first one is called the Constitution (II) class, the second is the known as Tikopai in fandom circles.

Got'em. I am more looking for something along the lines of color computer based imagery in gif or jpeg format. Probably would have helped if I had specified that originally.

Rob+

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I believe Reverend once did this one.

--------------------

Father Robert Lyons, SST
Member # 1372

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I believe Reverend once did this one.

Yes, bingo! Exactly what I was looking for!

Rob+//Walks off mumbling, "Now if I can just find the other views."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps