Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Phase II Enterprise Images? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Phase II Enterprise Images?
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the phase II design, the superstructure had a docking port on each side of the bridge. While planned, it never got onto the model, but the desk 14 torpedo bay of TMP, would have been the weapons deck on the phase II model, having both phaser batteries and torpedo launchers (I forget the source of that).

Here's a couple photos:
http://home.comcast.net/~woozletrek/enterprise/PhaseII01.jpg
http://employees.csbsju.edu/rsorensen/modelcitizen/trekships/constitution/c3side2.jpg

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pair of phaser banks on the "neck" facing due starboard/port would be a nice touch.
Mabye a single forward facing torp launcher on there? It looks far too thin for two (unless they're vertically mounted- an idea I dig very much).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, try that in 1/2500 scale.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wiz, have you forgotten your old password or something? If so, it can be mailed to you rather than you creating a new account.
aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Aridas Sofia. He's a member here, and posts regularly on that other message board.

Yep. That's me.

I'm wondering if any of you followed THIS thread over at the that other BBS some of you don't seem to like, on the art forum. A talented CGI artist was building the Phase II ship, and got it about 95% complete (no textures, though). It's based closely on the Phase II blueprints by Joe Jennings and Matt Jefferies that I have in my collection (and were the basis of the Constitution II in Ships of the Star Fleet) and are now posted on Phil Broad's website -- HERE.

I hope this information helps.

-aridas sofia SFPO ret

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Wiz, have you forgotten your old password or something? If so, it can be mailed to you rather than you creating a new account.

Problem is that I no longer have my original email account and when I tried to set up the new one, I goofed and Charles hasn't been able to correct it for me.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
Yeah, try that in 1/2500 scale.

A friend of mine already offers a 2500th Phase II kit. [Wink]
And the Ringship...and Deadalus...and a Romulan War-era BOP...

My models are almost exclusivly from the Dominion War era: mixing in too many older ships looks....odd.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aridas:
I'm wondering if any of you followed THIS thread [SNIP]

Thanks for the link. That was an interesting read.

Marian

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Very nice ideas in that link.
I think the torpedo launcher would be better served with a single rectangular launcher instead of that cyclopean rounded version.

Bueatiful work on the nacelles.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps