Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » If things were different... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If things were different...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has got to be one of the worst facial expressions ever.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well maybe she's remembering Data being fully functional! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also it looks like she's suffering from Harry Kim syndrome - no promotion after seven years. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well Worfy-babe was a full Lt. till Generations. I don't know in which episode he ended up going up in rank from Lt. J.G. to Lt.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worf got promoted between the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

The only TNG cast member we actually *see* earn a promotion in an episode is Deanna Troi. Well, and Will Riker, but then he gets demoted back down.

Geordi has the all time record for "fastest promotions." In the 1st season he was a lieutenant j.g., then he got a promotion to engineering and to full lieutenant before the 2nd season began, and then he earned another promotion to lieutenant commander between the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in TNG, yes. But we don't know how long he was an Ensign. It seems likely he was promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade with being posted to the Enterprise. And once he became a Lieutenant Commander, he's stayed there ever since. By now, he really should be a Commander or a Captain.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's a little odd how all these "up and coming" officers get posted to the Enterprise and suddenly have their careers stagnate. I think most ridiculous is Riker - he and LaForge graduate the Academy the same year, and not long after, La Forge is a low ranking pilot, and Riker XO of the fleet flagship. WTF happened to Riker? Where'd his career ambition go?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mrs.Spock
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was hypnotized by the allure of the Enterprise and decided he wanted to "save himself" for her. Then she died. TRAGEDY!
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least Riker finally quit doing the LSD and got himself a command before he turned into an old fart.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Maybe Riker was Mr Smithers to Picard's Mr Burns!?! [Big Grin]

Anyway with the pic - I know Tasha is looking up and sorta shouting - but she maybe talking on her communicator.

Anyone think her hair would have stayed that way? I don't reckon it would have gone the way it did in Yesterday's Enterprise - maybe she would ave grown it long and put it in a pony-tail?

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it, "If things were different...". What's different about that pic?
If Tasha would be alive in today's Trek, shoiley she'd be wearing the grey/black uniform with rifled shoulders?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she would have been transferred to Voyager and lost in the DQ... Course then her and Tuvok would've had to throw down to see who's the badest security chief in the fleet.

We see that Geordi's career ambitions apparently kick into gear in that he was captaining a GCS 20 years hence in "Timeless".

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a bit of a tendency amoung fans to assume that all the characters on the show want promotions all the time. Geordi is a Lt Commander doing a Lt Commander's job. If he's happy doing that, why should he get a promotion? If he got a promotion, shouldn't he be transferred to a "better position"? The way I see it, he was happy being Chief Engineer and never went for promotion for many years. And then when he decided he did want to try something new, he changed to command and got a starship.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty much how I look at it. There's no reason to think that that will be affected by the changes to the timeline caused in Timeless, either. It's possible that things would change but... OOH! Series idea!!! Geordi's Adventures.

Not.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps