Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » If things were different... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If things were different...
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the source pic for this? Tasha seems to be from "Encounter at Farpoint", saying something about someone being on their knees. For what something is. For what it represents. Or something like that.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, it looks like a pic from Voyager's transporter room. I'm guessing Tasha's body is actually a picture of Tuvok.

"She's a MAN, BABY!!"

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct about Farpoint - probably wasn't the best pic to get - but It was the first one I grabbed. The fact that you could pic that Mark is... scary! [Big Grin]

No, it's not the 'vok's body.

And what's to say that "if the future was different" Tasha was - I don't know on some other starship when everyone was wearing that type of uniform! [Big Grin]

I couldn't find any good caps of a female in a gold/mustard uniform.

I mean due to the grain change over the years - especially TNG - It doesn't look fool-proof but it does sorta give you an idea of Tasha Yar in the future... no? Anyone? *sigh*.

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think her face is from a scene in "Encounter at Farpoint" where she was shouting at Q in the old fashioned courtroom....might be wrong of course, but it might account for the slight grimace :-)

By any chance, anyone know if I'm right or not?

FD

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn damn damn, missed that someone got to it before me...sorry! :-)

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, but only by two days. It'll be ok.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheheh, no one has guessed the body. And what is to say that Tasha didn't change from Security to some other division... err... that ALSO wears gold. But hey, Gold is the new Red [Smile]

--------------------

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Yah, but only by two days. It'll be ok.

I think so too, 48 hours isn't all that much after all...let's just hope no-one else notices! ;-)

As for the body I would have to say my guess is Torres, and the collar pips have been doctored too....however given the way my luck's running I'll either be a) wrong, or b) right but a week late with the answer!

FD

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say, Joe Carey, the one who was up for Chief Engineer, but was beaten out by Torres, was seen quite a few times in the early seasons never to be seen again until shortly before he is killed so close to reaching home.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Also seen hitting on 7 while Voyager was in drydock.. and while his wife and kids were still in the quadrant.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

FawnDoo got it.

--------------------

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

Excellent! *does victory dance* Don't know about anyone else, but my Friday is off to a good start! :-)

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps