Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Midi files of transporter sound (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Midi files of transporter sound
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Sounds like a great idea though! Would you be ubernerdly enough to say "Chevron x encoded" after you dial each number!?! [Big Grin]

Of course. Wouldn't everyone?

Psy, once again you've proven yourself my hero.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe... Makes me wish I had a phone capable of doing all this - then I'd have an excuse for the Thundercats outtakes with all the swears. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say what now?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google up "Thundercats Outtakes". There's a collection of MP3s or WAVs out there of the cast flubbing their lines, ad-libbing, and otherwise goofing off. Classic stuff you'd never expect to be preserved from the 1980s. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Oh, excellent... Geekwank, here I come.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile, back at the topic...

You wont find a Midi file of the transporter sound, that's an impossibility since Midi only captures performance data and not real sounds. You can get plenty of .wav files of it though, and can then use conversion programs to get it into the format of choice for your phone.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Axeman, for getting the topic back on track :-)

I�ve tried 4 different conversion programs found at download.com, most recent AmazingMidi, but none works. They all say that the wav-file is wrong..
Any tips for programs?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, are you trying to convert a file from wav to midi? Because, y'know, you can't.

In fact, why are you trying to convert it at all? It can't be hard to get the transporter sound in either mp3 or wav, and if neither of them work on your mobile, I can't imagine what will.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the programs claim that they can, actually. And a quicksearch on google gives you plenty of links to that...But nothing works for me..

And for the mp3, as I said above, after converting my wav-file to mp3, the quality really sucked..

If anyone could help me with an mp3 version of the transporter-sound, I will be a lucky man :-)

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
I only have the mp3 file from the Star Trek: Generations Soundtrack.

If only there was someone out there who could help.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:
Well, the programs claim that they can, actually. And a quicksearch on google gives you plenty of links to that...But nothing works for me..

And for the mp3, as I said above, after converting my wav-file to mp3, the quality really sucked..

If anyone could help me with an mp3 version of the transporter-sound, I will be a lucky man :-)

Good luck with the wave2midi conversion. I've tried programs like that in the past out of curiosity, but don't expect any miracles. I mean, you're essentially trying to convert an arbitrary waveform that could be anything from an opera to a recording of some guys fart to what is essentially computerised sheet music for (128?) sampled instruments.

As for the other conversion, the best encoders around are probably LAME or scmpx (despite its rather odd looking homepage) so try those if you're having quality problems.
If they say that you have an invalid file, it may be because your wav file is already compressed and you may have to decompress it to a pure wav before continuing. You can use pretty much anything for that including Winamp.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
I only have the mp3 file from the Star Trek: Generations Soundtrack.

If only there was someone out there who could help.
Jesus?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps