Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS Miranda Class - My take on it (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TOS Miranda Class - My take on it
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd thin out the rollbar some- it looks as thick as the Connie's "neck" as it is.

That's a lot of additional mass.

Hmmm...your bussard collectors might be a tad big in relation with the ship;s size as well- I dont recall the TOS nacelles being that large in diameter.

Aside from that, it looks darn nice (though I'm not a fan of the notion of there even having been a TOS version of the Miranda class).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's coming together. I hear you on the side view. I got as far as the blackline for my latest rev last night when I realized I'd been aligning my side view with the deflector from my front view (whose position I'd recently adjusted up). Which, of course, totally changed the geometry of that rear hull. Ugh.

I think Jason's right regarding the thickness of the rollbar/nacelle strut. Can you do away with that line where the vertical support meets the rollbar? Also, you also might center the nacelle strut onto the nacelle. I realize this is my particular bent, but unless you're dead-set on straight vertical, you could give the nacelle strut a slight curve or an angle down into the nacelle. The movie-era Miranda uses that configuration and I think it lends the ship a sense of stability. You wouldn't have to reposition the nacelles themselves, just the supports.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps