Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS Gull-wing cruiser (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TOS Gull-wing cruiser
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work! And although I don't think there is an obvious reason for the gull wings, I see nothing wrong with them.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! There's about as much a reason for it as there is for the bent pylons on the Excelsior & Galaxy classes. (In other words, it looks good!)

B.J.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did some more views for the workbee:
 -

B.J.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

*chirp* *chirp*

What, am I boring you people?

Here's some views of the shuttle:
 -

B.J.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey B.J. - good work on the shuttles, I especialy like the second. It realy works well as a TOS craft. I see you've poped an impulse engine on the back - didn't like the magnetic drive thingy, eh?

As for the ship, looking good. Is she 'as new' or a few refits into her life? I'd guess the second from the external hatches etc, but after enterise pissed on the design lineage, I see no reason for them not to be more primitive than the Connie class. Perhaps she's the oddity, with everything hidden beneath hatches? Hey ho, enough rambling, I'll go back to watering my neglected and wilting plants.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Thanks for the comments! Nah, I don't particularly go for the magnetic drive thing. If you've got that, why do you have RCS thrusters? Besides, this shuttle is slightly older than what's in TMP.

As for the cruiser, I figure this ship has had a refit or two already since I consciously mixed TOS and TMP elements together. Possibly it had a refit while the Enterprise was still out on its 5-year mission, so the changes aren't as extensive. (Of course, it's also possible that this was a delayed build, and got the new stuff from the start. But I'm going with my first idea.)

B.J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see both an Enterprise-era workbee and a TOS/TMP era shuttlepod version.
Really, all you'd have to do is tweak the "skin" on your two designs there- bare metal coloring and some aditional panels for the older stuff...

I'm loving hat TOS shuttle! Sooo much better than the completely shitty TOS shuttle.
Man, I hate that thing.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps