Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pinewood Derby Galileo (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pinewood Derby Galileo
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the most important part is that you entertained us.

Nice work though.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's been almost a year, so it's time to start preparing for this year's Pinewood Derby! I came up with a pretty nifty design this time, if I do say so myself. [Big Grin] I drew it up in CATIA to make some plans from, and I was going to *try* to cut it myself using my meager tools, but one of my coworkers has a home-built CNC machine and offered to mill it out!
 -  -
Please note that since he had to use an oversized piece of wood and not the standard block, this is not a legal entry, and is really only for show. Besides, this one is for myself!

The only problem is, my son saw my design, and now he wants me to make him one, which means I'll have to do it (with his help, of course) using the provided block! [Eek!]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty sweet, duder.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non-sense. Tell your son you'll make a Star Destroyer soap box car. Then he'll really be traveling in style.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I have a distinct dislike of writes"
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm awesome on all counts.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I wish modern technology could make it so we could see it racing along..... Oh, wait....

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we had the derby this past Friday. My car turned out looking pretty good, although I was scrounging around to get the details finished. That and the clear finish kind of blurred the drawn-on details. My son actually changed his mind and we did a design of his own - a pencil! Good thing too, since neither car did very well in speed (I haven't figured out that secret yet), but my son did win first place for looks! Now he gets to take his car to the district Pinewood Derby in March.
 -  -

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work there. How about a pen for next year?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's weird for me to see this...I didn't know they did pinewood derbies anymore...granted, I was never in scouts (nor have I heard of anything but cub scout clubs in any of the small towns I've lived in around here) so maybe that's it...didn't they do most of the pinewood derby-type gatherings?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Well, slap him on the back and tell him we said congrats and good luck in March B.J., let's hope no one has done a pencil sharpener.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that case, tell the judges it's a secret spy camera [Wink]
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Daniel, if I understood you correctly, then yes, Pinewood Derbies are pretty much a Cub Scout thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Well, slap him on the back and tell him we said congrats and good luck in March B.J., let's hope no one has done a pencil sharpener.

*lol* And thanks!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time I ever participated in one of these was for grade 8 shop class... my Cub group was too cheap to have one.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cub pack was in a different country so we didn't have one either.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps