Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starfleet Hawkeye (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Starfleet Hawkeye
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not geeky...Flarey. Geeks DREAM about being as pedantic as we are.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, let me go get my pocket protecter.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Rev, I can deal with making geeks dream to be as bad as we are.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Okay, Rev, I can deal with making geeks dream to be as badass as we are.

There, I fixed it for you.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shoves glasses up his face* Yes! Our magic is indeed mighty! *rolls a d6*
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D6? Bah. D20 FTW.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
*shoves glasses up his face* Yes! Our magic is indeed mighty! *rolls a d6*

Hey I said pedantic, not sad. There's a very subtle delineation, like a noticeable lack of dice...a tendency to point out subtle delineations and to point out that you have pointed them out.
*anti-feedback programming kicks in*
Yeah.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*mock-menacingly* Are you suggesting something which involves dice is sad? I'll have you know I'm an avid collector of dice...*rattles a box of crystal-shaped dice under your nose*
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real geek gamers don't use dice. They write random number generation programs. With punch cards.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FUCK! ASS!!

[ February 17, 2008, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a problem with a vessel like this. The description might be militaristic, but it would make sense . . . especially on border regions . . . for there to be small mobile sensor platforms of this nature. Stationary platforms can only do so much.

My main issue would be that a sensor platform this small might not be able to detect and process a lot of the more esoteric technobabble.

In other words, some sneaky guy technobabbling his technobabble in order to defeat normal scans might defeat the sensors of this little thing, whereas Galaxy Class modifier-modifier-technobabbles might detect residual traces of stray technobabble indicative of the sneaky sonsabitch's technobabble.

But then, if we're pondering this as being a support vessel for something like those F-14-looking things I've seen on here, which would have even less scanning and processing power, I'd say this thing kicks ass. If you wanted badass sensors capable of finding some ship with lots of technobabble-action, you'd probably bring a starship anyway.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being about the size of a runabout, I would speculate that it could be carried abord more combat oriented vessels, like the Akira, to increase sensor capabilities, if not range, then the deatailed-ness of the scans. I suppose it could turn any ship with runabout carrying capabilities into a somewhat dedicated science ship, maybe to take scans of a newly discovered planet or anomaly until a true science ship could get there.
"Instant Science Ship"... HeHeHe [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking everything in to account, Rev being right, Fabrux correcting me (yet again), and Guardian's insightful technobabbling (which made since), I may have to do something, but I am not sure what. I may have to program a random number generator to solve my dilemma.

Anyone got a spare punch card? Heavy emphasis on card.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm, when is someone going to use the SS Raven design for something cool and tactical? So many potential hardpoints and surfaces for refitting or augmenting...

No offense but the runabout-class feels more and more like the 1984 Datsun among Starfleet vessels to me. It's almost Reagan-era.

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm no fan of the pacifistic Starfleet idea, so I absolutely love this design. Injecting more realism into the woefully underdeveloped Star Trek universe.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps