Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ships named Discovery (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ships named Discovery
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, its just a little wall chart I did... Copper beaten... for that authentic look

Andrew
http://www.uq.net.au/~zzarayfi/chart.gif

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, where's the spaceshuttle Discovery

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry - didn't have a side diagram...

I was GOING to mention it - but... you know - starships then STARSHIPS named discovery.

Andrew

------------------
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetness!

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew - do you know a lot about genetics?
Cause with names like Mendel and Okazaki...

Sweet designs though. Can we see the original line-drawings or kitbashes??

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I know a little about Genetics, I'm doing a molecular genetics Biochem subject this semester...

Actually they named the 'puters in the biochem labs different names like Van Leeuwenhoek SP?? and Okazaki and Fischer etc... I thought they were apt names for vessels of exploration Fits in with the whole discovery thing

The original line drawings - they suck and I'm going to do better versions so... hang on!

Andrew

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... The Newton and Okazaki look impressed, while the others look raised. Of course, it's possible for them to be the other way around, depending upon how your brain interprets the light source, but, regardless, those two are not the same as the others.

And, where's the Discovery mentioned in "The Squire of Gothos"? Was it a pre-refit version of the Okazaki? Or do you just not believe in it? :-)

------------------
"Can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding."
-They Might Be Giants, "Your Racist Friend"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*examines image closer*

Hey, the Okazaki looks like my Janes class..

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And your James Class looks like that kitbash in the DS9TM.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kitbash in the DS9TM has both nacelles on the bottom of the ship, one on either side of the weapons pod.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

UM: I've seen the DS9TM once, at Chapters, and that was only a quick leaf-through.

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't ininsuating anything, it's just a design that looks good, that's all.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I thought everyone hated all the DS9TM kitbashes...?

------------------

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only people who liked the kitbashes in the DS9TM were the blind, near blind, non-Trekkers, and the mentally insane...

------------------
We did it on the floor,
We did it by the door,
We did it all night,
We did it under a light,
So how about for tonight we do it some more...

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And those who hated them could explain more about how warp engins work than how a microwave can heat a hotdog.

He he...just teasing.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps