Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Nova Class Painting (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nova Class Painting
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here it is! After many long hours of sweat, tears and blood (well maybe not), I bring you the Nova Class.

Some will say that they prefer one of the versions of the Nova seen in the TNG Tech Manual, but as I explained last time, I'm only doing strictly cannon ships here (they are incidently the ones I can find photo reference for too). Let me know what you think...
http://www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore/images/sci-fi/NovaClass.jpg

Next up...a look at the Starfleet Uniforms circa 2875 (a la Relativity) and the Akira Class!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. This could be the Nova Class Development project logo!

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Jaw drops to ground*

Ohhhhh WOW!

Wow.

Oh Farking brilliant. abso-fraggin-lutely delicious...

oh yes!

very nice.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban, you've outdone yourself. Great painting.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*drools*

Have you ever considered a career in comic books?

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh WOW!!

That's amazing!

I definately want to see those other pictures too!!

------------------
The Miranda Class model is not a kitbash, it is a bashkit.

(-=\V/=-)

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stunned. That is some great work.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks alot guys!! I appreciate all the kind words. The uniform painting is about a third of the way done (I started it along with a book cover project I'm doing) but I don't know how long to expect. The Akira is still just a rough drawing but it seems like the Akira is somewhat of a fan favorite around here, so I'll try and get on it.

Does anybody have any pictures of the future uniforms as seen on Capt. Braxton in "Future's End" (I'm just thinking ahead )

Also, any requests for upcoming ship pieces? I want to do the Akira and Olympic next, but after that I'm pretty open to suggestions. And if you missed it the first time, check out the Intrepid Class piece on my site at the link in my sig.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD....

Outstanding Work Aban ....

And May I Suggest the Soverign , Excelsior or Defiant?

*Whipes the Drool off his monitor and collapses*

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

Jupiter Station , Starfleet Research & Development

[This message has been edited by Dhunter (edited March 09, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Vorcha class Klingon cruiser?

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Dhunter: I'd like to do the Defiant, but I feel like I've done her so many times in the last year or so, I'd like to try something else first. Maybe the Sovey

AndrewR: I'm sticking with Starfleet ships (for now).

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's a good painting, but the ship itself is still too ugly. Even you can't change that. :-)

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever considered applying for a position at DC comics, they are incharge of the trek series coming out.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, I wouldn't really want a full time position, but I suppose I really should send them some samples and try to get some freelance cover work. I've done that with Dark Horse and other smaller companies. Enthusiasm varied...

------------------

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Excellent! Awesome!

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps