Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Kestrel class: TOS/Pre-TOS (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kestrel class: TOS/Pre-TOS
ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent workmanship, yet again, Masao!

I'd have to agree with the too-streamlined suggestions, but since it's such a small ship (about 90m to the big "E" at 289m), you can probably get away with it, for the most part.

I saw the Sabre similarities before I read your post's text (^_^), but it also reminds me of the ISC Gunline ships from that "Starfleet 2300" white metal miniatures line. They were alien starships, but flew backward in relation to this design - they had a big gun where your main hull is... The only people I know are familiar with them are those who have played "Starfleet Command" in its hexagon-board game venue.

Incidentally, I like the different signage you've employed with the earlier ships...!

~ Jason :-)

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Cap'n. I figured that Starfleet was unlikely to keep the same signage for 100 years. After all the US military has changed the national insignia on aircraft countless times in the 80 years since WWI. The Daedalus class has the three stripes and the Constitution uses the boomerang and the stripe. I figured something else might have come in between.

I've never seen the white-metal miniatures you mention. I only know the FASA variations on the original and refit Constituion hulls.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What software do you use?
Are these vectors or bitmaps?

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one and only program I've ever used is Freehand 7 for the Mac (hurrah!). It's a vector program. All the shading is done with gradient fills and blends. I know absolutely nothing about bitmaps and pixels. I let Bernd worry about them when the ships go up in the starfleet museum.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps