Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Midway - NCC-3100-A (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Midway - NCC-3100-A
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Run a what? And it's working fine now.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did that pod come from alluvasudden?

Lemme guess, general purpose sensor/tactical pod?
Very ahead of it's time, I must say.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod, not really. Take a look at Jackill's Starfleet Reference Manual, Volume II. All of those ships are movie era ships, and the heavy scout shown there has a pod like this (this one was made to look similar to that one). A carrier like this one will need extra sensors to track the locations of all of its shuttles.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

WEBolutionary Consulting Services
Mania-Online

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity - what is the scale of the ship?

The warp engines seem like Constitution-refit ones (the ones fandom usually calls the LN-64). Yet the saucer rim has four rows of windows, and the fighter bays seem to fit within the saucer with ease. If one scales by the engines, then the bridge dome looks okay - but if one scales by the windows and the fighter bays, then the dome is really huge!

I'd suggest making a slightly smaller bridge dome, or perhaps putting multiple rows of windows on the dome or changing the shape. It would be a big ship for the TOS movie era, but I have nothing against big ships...

Timo Saloniemi

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The primary hull is approximately the diameter of an Ambassador class primary hull. The bridge hull is scaled about the same (relative to deck size) as the Enterprise A references I have. I'll post a side view later that should help a bit.

As for the shuttlebay, the center of the bay fills a space 6 decks tall. The upper and lower outer launch bays are 1.75 decks tall for a total of 3.5 decks, the two inner bays are each about 2.5 decks tall above and 2.5 below for a total of 5 decks. That is consistent with the scale of the Enterprise Refit's hanger deck. Again, a side view should help clear that up a bit.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

seanr
Member # 277

P.S. The engines are loosely patterned after Constitution class engines, but are closer to Excelsior class engines in scale.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why oh why is it the NCC-3100-A

------------------
"Human race in tha house!" KoRn & Kittie, This Town
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

seanr
Member # 277

Because if you go to shipschematics.net, there is already a TOS era Midway, NCC-3100. Don't even start griping at me about the overuse of suffixes on Starfleet ships; in this case we can just assume the original one did something important enough for another ship to be built with the same name and reg number.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps