Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D Bridge (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D Bridge
ScottKey
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn dude, very nice. Anyways, I'm new to the forum and haven't seen any of your previous work. I was just wondering if you've done anything similar to this with the Defiant's bridge.

Scott

IP: Logged
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the defiant's bridge, but check these pages out for more of my work:

Akira/Sabre(refit) Bridge

Nebula Class Bridge

Avenger Bridge

Enterprise-A Bridge

Prometheus Bridge

Voyager Corridor

I hope you'll forgive me for posting all those 3DG URLs, it would have been a heck of a lot harder to repost all that stuff.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

http://www.webolutionary.com
http://www.mania-online.com
3D Gladiator Premier Forums Member

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much harder could it be to post an image instead of a URL? Of course, only one image would suffice here.

------------------
"What happens on the edges of infinity, the never-never land of mathematics?"
-Miss Hodgin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that last batch Sean did was great, but I have a crappy ISP, and it took a bit o' time to download the pages.....

------------------

ScottKey
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I was just curious if you take requests. If so could you possibly make the Defiant's bridge? I'm working on a project of making the Defiant out of Legos and I want to get it as acurate as possible. For that matter, if you know where I can find any pics of Defiant stuff, that too would be appreciated.

Scott

IP: Logged
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do indeed take requests, but I'm afraid I've got a substantial backlog as a result. It may be a month or more before I can get to it, but I wouldn't mind doing it at all.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, a bridgemaster indeed! Being a francophone, I guess I'll call you Maitre DuPont. Anyway, I'll wait for a 1024 x 768 to proudly show off to my friends as a wallpaper, if that's okay with you.

Ooh, you take requests? In that case, I'd like to re-submit a request for a GCS bridge with a Defiant or Voyager color palette. Or even, one with the TOS palette! Imagine that horseshoe in the red-top railing of the original enterprise, bluish walls, and so forth...

And could we suspect a Nova-class bridge is on the list somewhere?

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited December 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited December 24, 2000).]

seanr
Member # 277

GCS ???

A nova class bridge is on the list, since it is based so closely on the Prometheus bridge. The problem I am having is finding adequate reference material for either set. I haven't been able to find anythng showing the helm console of either bridge, for example. Same with the viewscreen.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GCS = Galaxy Class Starship. I meant a mod to your existing E-D (or Akira/Sabre) bridge meshes. Sorry, I'm using newsgroup terminology. :P

As for Nova class reference material, I suppose the best thing to do is wait for Equinox I/II to show up on the spec channels again. Or maybe someone here could come up with a few screencaps? Anyway, I'm looking forward to your interpretation of it. It's got those neat conn consoles that wrap under the edge facing the operator, and those pastel chairs that look like you could slide out of them if you weren't careful.

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Oh yeah, and in the area of "constructive criticism" for the Akira/Sabre refit bridge, I think the central command chairs are a little too close together. They can't spin right around like the E-D chairs could (ref: Data spins it 180 degrees in "A Matter of Honor" to talk to that Benzite exchange guy). I *do* like the idea of putting the command sub-consoles between the chairs, though. It's a lot more Sovereign like. Unfortunately, the Captain of this ship couldn't casually put his hand on his counsellor's thigh anymore, with them in the way.

And the chairs on the refit side-consoles are somewhat out-of-place on a the GCS bridge, being re-uses of the ones originally molded for the E-A in Star Trek VI. I know they've shown up on other TNG-era bridges (the Prometheus in particular), but they just seem out of place to me, especially given the row of standard pull-out chairs at the back of the bridge. It can grow on us, though. Anyone know what kind of chairs did they use in the equivalent places on the E-D in "Generations"? I can't remember.

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, what about Ops!

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps