Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Monologue

Author Topic: Monologue
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Space.

The Final Frontier.

This is the mission of the USS Tokyo: to seek out new allies, and heal the wounds of war. To eliminate the enemies of the Federation, both within and without.

But above all that: to boldly go where no one has gone before.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You ready?
Ok, "healing the wounds of war" and "eliminating enemies"??? Proverb collision course!!!
And "eliminating", is this really a UFP ship we're talking about?

"Within and without"? What happened to "Both foreign and domestic"? I thought you good ol' boys loved to utter those words...

Second, if you don't mind, what is this monologue for? Are you writing a shortstory?
Is it about a Starfleet death squad, specializing on preemptive strikes at naughty neighbours?

And you realize that three sentences of the monologue already have been used in two other shows?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited March 11, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. You don't read my signature, much, do you? It's for Gamma Quadrant ...

Space.

The Final Frontier.

This is the mission of the USS Tokyo: to seek out new allies, and heal the wounds of war. To identify the enemies of the Federation, foreign and domestic.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's still very borrowed from TNG and TOS. I wonder if narration will be utilized in Series V? Hmmm...

I'm gonna do it...

"This is the mission of the Tokyo: Find allies, eliminate enemies. No, TWO missions: Find allies, eliminate enemies, heal wounds of warTHREE missions: Find allies, eliminate enemies, heal wounds of war, and getting their crew ho-*sigh* I'll come in again!

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! You edited as I posted! I should return that post to what it was... Muahahaha!

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited March 11, 2001).]

Nim
Member # 205

You do that and I'll give ya such a pinch!!!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... to defend the frontier against Zur, and the Kodan armada...

"identify the enemies" just doesn't have a ring to it.

"to defend the Federation against all enemies, foreign and domestic?"

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No-one expects the Starfleet Inquisition!

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Space.

The Final Frontier.

This is the mission of the USS Tokyo: to seek out new allies, and heal the wounds of war. To defend the Federation from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"To defend the Federation from all enemies, foreign and domestic."

I don't think this flows. I can't think of anything different right now, but if you say this sentence aloud, it's a little akward.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds really weird. And not quite dramatic enough.

"Space...the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Tokyo. Her mission: to carry the banner of peace to the far reaches of the galaxy, to expand the horizons of human knowledge...to boldly go where no one has gone before."

------------------
"For people with resources, the right events happen. They may look like coincidences, but they arise out of necessity." --T�rk Hviid

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 11, 2001).]

Nim
Member # 205

Just airing my thoughts, I think we can do without the whole boldly-thing. How about what Patrick Stewart said in SNL?

What's wrong with the domestication? You want "enemies, here and there"? Ok, so the old thing refers to countries, borders and continents, I joked about it mostly, if you didn't notice. Isn't it part of some military oath? The SEALSes perhaps?

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps