Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Micromachine-scaled miniatures (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Micromachine-scaled miniatures
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posting this for Gary Perry: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/temp/micromachines-scanned.jpg

Original post here (but the image fits better into D,A&C): http://flare.solareclipse.net/Forum9/HTML/001100.html

Cute!

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! How'd he do those? And has he painted them?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOoohh! Cookies!

They look GREAT! How are these made?

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're in a "Xerox"-machine, yes? Haha, it actually looks as if they're computer models with some weird filters somebody added just to be cool and vague, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alas, I'm not accustomed to american coins, a match would've been better...

------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... a quarter's roughly the size of a British Pound coin, no? Certainly much thinner, but I think the diameters are fairly close... on further thought it might actually be bigger... Argh, sorry I can't be of much help

------------------
"Ring a bell, and I'll salivate...
well how'd you like that?
Dr. Landy, please tell me
I'm not just a pedagogue..."
-Brian Wilson, The Barenaked Ladies

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why post when you can double post?

[This message has been edited by The_Tom (edited March 26, 2001).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Aha! I just got an international point of comparison. A quarter just fits snugly inside a beer bottle cap, or in other words would cover the top of a beer bottle with no overhang...

------------------
"Ring a bell, and I'll salivate...
well how'd you like that?
Dr. Landy, please tell me
I'm not just a pedagogue..."
-Brian Wilson, The Barenaked Ladies

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or about the size of a British ten pence. I think. Can't seem to find me coin collection...

------------------
Jerry: "What street are you on?"
Kramer: "I'm at 1st and 1st. How can a street interesct with itself? I must be at the nexus of a parallel universe!"
-Seinfeld

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited March 26, 2001).]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An American quarter is approximately 2.3 centimeters in diameter.

Hope THAT helps...

Very nice little models, BTW! I still have my own MicroMachine collection gathering dust somewhere at home...

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is Gary's Defiant with the underside details missing on the Galoob Micromachine: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/temp/galoob-defiant-corrected.jpg

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Nim
Member # 205

Why is the picture distorted like that? Did the copying-beam ricochet off of the shining hull???

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More like 2.4cm...

------------------
"As part of Mr. Lee's good neighbor policy, all Rat Things are programmed never to break the sound barrier in a populated area. But Fido's in too much of a hurry to worry about the good neighbor policy. Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise."
-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Micromaniac
Member # 546

- posted      Profile for Micromaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Akira , Steamrunner, Norway, Saber, Cardassian and federation fighters are all scratchbuilds from laminated sheet styrene cut sanded and rounded with a 2 part epoxy ribbon - the scans are of the copies made in polyester resin such as an auto body resin with a white color added - these were made from a rubber mold 2 part made from the master. I do not have a digital or regular camera so I scanned and sent to Bernd .

The Defiant was copied in a rubber mold then a resin copy was made and was cut / sanded to agree with the Erytl model kit.

As I have said I can make small numbers of these but cannot paint well- that is why I am willing to trade to get a painted one of each of a long list I have made.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Still more: http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/temp/six-ships.jpg

------------------
Ex Astris Scientia

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps