Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » For the Stargate Fans... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: For the Stargate Fans...
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wallpaper I made of the SGC computer screen...

1024x768: http://www.cyrez.org/~hobbes/sg1.gif

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hee hee, cool. Ever seen this screensaver?

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stprod/gb_index.html

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really groovy [right click > save as wallpaper]...I just have one criticism. You have 9 chevron markers on the gate. I think there should only be 7. If you take two of them out, leave the top one where it is, and space the other six a little differently, there would be room for the four stabalizer clamps they have to hold the thing up.

It looks really nice though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agh! My Sg-1 geekiness is showing through...

There *are* nine chevrons on the gate - you see them on the SGC set. Typically on alien planets, the other two chevrons are not seen, being buried in whatever holds the gate up.

Of the two "spare" chevrons, one has been seen used as an "area code" chevron which allows travel to at least one other Galaxy. The other one has not been used, but it has been suspected that it can be used for temporal or dimensional travel, which does exist in the SG-1 universe.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bow to the superior intellect....

You'd think that since there are nine of the place holders, our heroes would say, "Hmmm, guys...I wonder what those other two do?"

I remember the Asgard episode with the 8th chevron now that I think about it...

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Chevron 8 was used by O'Neill to travel to the Asgard galaxy which Carter suggested served as an area code. Chevron 7: The symbol for Earth. Chevron 8: The symbol for a galaxy.

Chevron 9 not sure since NBC is only up to about season 4 ... and air episodes randomly. Two weeks ago they aired "Window of Opportunity" with a trailer for "The First Ones", but aired "Upgrades" (again) instead. Last night they showed "Watergate". So as you can see I'm a bit out of the loop on current SG-1 events.

And don't worry, if you're going to have "geekiness" at least it's on the best show on television.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all the eps so far aired on disc so I know they haven't explained the 9th chevron yet. It probably is for dimensional travel as they said in "Window of Oppurtunity" that time travel isn't feasable at all (this is why Jack and Teal'C had such a recurring nightmare).

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And don't worry, if you're going to have "geekiness" at least it's on the best show on television.

Better then Boston Public, The West Wing or The Practice? I think not.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
Member # 138

Indeed a matter of opinion Snayster. Because I don't even watch any of those shows. Especially Boston Public, I've been to 5 different schools and never had one hot teacher, yet that show is full of them. And Jeri Ryan for a teacher...I wish.

Time travel is already possible with the stargate, using solar flares.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Better then Boston Public, The West Wing or The Practice?"

Well, not being a fan of that sort of show, I'd say so. But, regardless, we can throw in the qualifier "sci-fi", and make it pretty much true.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some hot teachers at my school.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I watch Boston Public and like it alot. Though I am somewhat disappointed with their use of their new busty recruit. The first two episodes of the season have started out by blatantly using Jeri Ryan's body and, if the pattern holds, this will quickly become the Jeri Ryan Show. Many of the regulars from the last season haven't been given big parts in the first two episodes. Oh well...I still like the show.

And I have all the eps of Stargate on my comp here at work (shhhhh)... I watch them all the time. No explanation of chevron 9 yet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stargate is my favorite show..... and im not a geek! anyway, i belive that thge 9th chevron could be some sort of timeshift setting... we are dealing with wormholes people.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're on a Trek/sci-fi message board, attempting to explain the wormhole physics of the stargate... and you're not a geek? Pfft!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that last chevron would have something to do with the stargate builders, an extra - extra area code for going across the universe.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps