Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » For the Stargate Fans... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: For the Stargate Fans...
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope we'll wait for ht spinoff show before going into that. For those who dont know - SG-1 is slated for a sixth season (we're in the fifth right now) but without Michael Shanks returning as Dr. Daniel Jackson. However, he may be back for a planned SG-1 theatrical movie following the series finale, after which a spinoff series will replace SG-1.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have any info about what the spinoff series is going to be or how they plan to write out Daniel?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a new series? A NEW SERIES?!?! WOOOOTTT

ok, this is awesome.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SG-1 Spoilers Ahead...

Daniel will leave the show after sacrificing himself to save a world from blowing itself up. Mortally wounded, he runs into Oma Dessala (remember that white frothy alien chick who took care of the Harcessis child?) who... Takes him to a higher plane of existence, to heal and to learn stuff.

[ugh]

Anyway, he's supposed to be back for the occaisional guest appearance in the sixth season, and then allegedly back for good by the series finale or the proposed feature film under development right now. In the meantime, Dr. Jackson will likely be replaced on SG-1 by a character named Liander Quinn, played by Corin Nemec.

As for the spinoff series, not much is known about it except that one *is* under development. Its name is not known for certain, though it was rumoured to be called "Stargate Atlantis". However, in February of this year MGM registered a variety of domain names involving the words "Stargate" and "Atlantis" together, so this may indeed be the name. Still, nothing is known about the spinoff besides this.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang I love Stargate....

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, he's going to pull a Wesley Crusher, eh? Interesting...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps