Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Hokule'a Class Starship (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hokule'a Class Starship
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought mark, but have you ever tried putting self illumination on any of your ships?
 -

I think it'd look nice.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, well yes, some do, as in this old render http://www.trekmania.net/art/hokulea_new03.jpg . But I guess that detail inexplicably escaped me this time.

And thanks Wraith. As for the 'blue squares' as seen on the Excelsior, they could well be lifeboats, as was my assuption with this ship.

The Trieste BTW was a Merced Class, the Hokule'a Class ship you're referring to was the Tripoli.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And thanks Wraith
You're welcome [Smile] I've always liked this design.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mark... any chance you could do a five-view of the Hokule'a? Or at the very least a side view? I e-mailed you a couple of months ago about getting an updated image to put in my starship comparison chart (including ASDB ships) but never heard back.

Thanks in advance. And it's lookin' good! [Cool]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh no problem, sorry I forgot I about that:

http://www.trekmania.net/temp/hokuleaside.jpg

Is this okay? I didn't render with high shadows, and I upped the ambient light levels too, as it would probably be more appropriate for this purpose. Looking at the chart though I've got a bunch of ships I've done in 3D that you could fit on there as well. Ones of reasonable quality that I expect would qualify include: Daeadlus, Federation, Ptolemy, Saladin/Hermes, Constitution, Miranda, Oberth, Constellation, Merced, Soyuz, Springfield, Cheyenne, New Orleans, Niagara, Freedom, Nebula variants, Challenger and Norway. Let me know and I can do similar side views.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put an ovoid saucer section on it and you have the early Voyager concept - which I reckon would have been great to see in First Contact or DS9

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps