Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Mighty Federation Fleet (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Mighty Federation Fleet
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forbidden
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The link? Well, it's of the Merrimac in that person's page of pics. The link to it is given above.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I...

I think I HATE this guy.

Jealousy devours me. My envy shatters worlds.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This of course raises the question of him selling these things..... [Smile]

Does anyone know where scaled kits such as these are available? Apart from the AMT/ERTL lot?

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.federationmodels.com

Although some of his have to be customs he made himself. I've never seen anything like them before.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my insanity grows

i want names and registries..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
click on Shiks link on the first page for individual pics with SOME names and registrys.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, This guy's stuff is crap! I could do waaay better! What a hack!

.....oh, wait! this stuff is mine!
I just joined up (never knew you guys were here!)!
Anybody have any 2500th fleets or alien ships?
I'd love to see any scratchbuilds too! [Razz]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

Hey, I like your work. Are all of them scratchbulids? I'm just starting to build my model fleet. However i only can get hold of a coulpe of ertl kits. Currently i have the Defiant, Ent-B, Reliant, a Miranda kitbash which i call the Triumphant class, the Ent-C, Ent-d and I'm starting to make a centaur using a reliant and excelsior kits. Seeing your stuff persuaded me to get my arse into gear and start working at them!!!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! The Steamrunner, Sabre, Norway, Nova, Rennasiannce, Prometheus and several of my designs are scratchbuilds.
The Nebula class ships are either conversions from Victor Dolph or the SSM kit.
Sounds like you are off to a good start with your fleet! Got any pics? I'd love to see them!
also check out the 2500h thread at the starshipmodeler.com forums. Alot of great models there. [Eek!]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

what materials do you use to build the scratchbuilds? to say that they are scratchbuilds they are really impressive.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The Steamrunner, Norway, Nova and Sabre hulls are carved from the resin of a broken Starcrafts 1400th Promethus and a 1400 Cardassian galor class that I bought on Ebay on impulse.
I enlarged the ships' schematics on a copier at work and used that as reference (seeing the actual size of the ship is a BIG advantage for scale and proportion). All the decals and markings for these were made on Adobe illustrator 7 and color printed onto Chartpak clear matte decal paper: works kind of like a dull sticker but looks just like a decal after the finishing clear coat is sprayed.
You should try a Norway or Sabre. Both ships were some of my first scratchbuilds and they turned out well. The hulls are simple shapes and not too large or tiny.
The nacelles on Nova, Norway, Sabre and Steamrunner are made from wood "popcicle sticks" (sold cheap at any craft store) and cut/shaped to the correct size. Sabre's nacelles are layered coffe stirrers from Starbucks with some styrene detailing. [Big Grin]
the Prometheus was my first attempt at sculpting with two part resin epoxy. Nice stuff for simple shapes, but you should work on wax paper to prevent sticking. This stuff dries in about 24 hours and can be sanded.
The Akira classes are from Spaceboy (now defunct) and I have done what I can to accurize them , shy of scratchbuilding the incorrect nacelles.
Also check out TM lindsey's webpage for the best, most detailed 2500th models ever. He's producing an Excelsior from STIII now and sells fantastic kits of the Stargazer ,Nobel and Sydney class ships.
Hope this is helpful!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ravenstar Studios is releasing some fantastic 2500th kits!
Including a Chandley (from FASA) and a Romulan Winged defender!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
were can i buy prepainted and prebuilt models?

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

Nowhere that i know. I buy custom decals from federation models so my ships have registrys other than those of the vessels ertl supplys. For example i bought decals to change the Ent-B to the Lakota and the Ent-C to the ambassador. i dont buy models from there though as i cant afford them with the postage rates to the uk.

Also, Jason, where can i see these ravenstar kits?

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps