Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ST:TMP Corridors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ST:TMP Corridors
JasonA
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another of the sets that I need to get wrapped up for my little skit. This is the main corridors and hallways for my consititution refit model. It's a replica of the set that got reused a billion times in the first three Star Trek movies (seen repeatedly, although from different angles).

This is currently modeled/textured in the ST:TMP scheme. Brightly lit, real shiny and no misc decals and widgets. I've done my best to be true to the real prop as seen in the first movie. I've noticed that it TWOK, Meyers added quite a bit of little "fluff" details and also changed the lighting. I might make another version with these added details, but I don't have time for that right now. I have to admit, doing these interiors is alot of fun [Smile]

Anyways, comments suggestions welcome! [Smile]

-

-

-

IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very slight nit I have to pick, even though it's an intentional one: the hallways are *way* too brightly lit! I don't recall any of the sets ever bathing in that much light. [Smile]

Other than that, fantastic work. Imparts a strong feeling of "being there"... something only the best renders manage to pull off. Now where'd I leave my sunglasses?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. The ceiling lights are just too white. It looks like the background white that's shown when I open up Word.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

JasonA
Ex-Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. Several other forums feedback was that it was to bright, so....I went back and decreased the ambient lighting a bit and also change the decay distance. I think it helped quite a bit, but its still my goal for the scene to be "bright". Mainly cause in the scene after which it was modeled, its bright.

This is NOT TWOK lighting folks... Nick Meyer made some drastic tweaks in this regard, and while I think they're cool, I don't have all of the decals/widgets to tmake this a TWOK corridor at this point, hence I don't see the point in applying the dim style lighting either. That will come later. Anyways, so check out the pics above, they're replaced with newer ones. I think I'll learn alot about lighting setups doing these, so bear with me. [Smile]

JasonA
Ex-Member

Well I'm trying a whole new lighting setup for this set. Its still a bit bright, but I think more accurate. This time I got spot lights actually 'inside' the light panels as well as a few support fill lights. I've reduced some of the oversaturation by reducing the decay distances again, and removed almost all of the omni's.. I also went back and tweaked by brushed aluminum material, moved a few parts around and deleted a few sections.

here' are the latest piccies:

-

-

-

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, now if you could do the whole interior...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, i'm impressed. However, like Matrix said "now if you could do the whole interior..."

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would hate to think a walk through of the whole ship 3d size would be

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

JasonA
Ex-Member

Perhaps someday if I have more time, I'll do all of the areas of the ship.. [Smile] Its a cool idea, like a walkthrough or flyby or something.

So what do you guys think of the lighting now? do you think its more on it?

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the lighting is really well done now. You would just love to "beam in" to those sets.

The eventual walkthrough could look something like the "fly-through" they showed in the TNG Interactive Technical Manual when you went from one room to another - if anyone remembers that program. I loved it.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. The second set is better now the lighting's been lowered. I know from experience that interiors are tricky, particularly the lighting, so nice work...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called a link. The movie goes on & the audience is never the wiser.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dorks in Galaxy Quest did it to their ship, anf they are supposed to be us. So I'm suprised that no one has attempted (by fans) to map out the whole interior. The only thing stopping this is the size, it would take up alot of space.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mapping, of course, has already been done by Sternbach in the TNG Blueprints. Minus the brig and arbouretum, that is.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And by fans for the Miranda, and perhaps others. Er, and there's a set of (original) Enterprise blueprints, no?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps