Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Orleans Class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Orleans Class
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some updates, thanks to the new Kyushu photos. I'm also (for now) going along with the theory that there is a shuttle bay behind the bridge.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that looks rad! i've always had a soft spot in my heart for the new orleans class. i should probably go see a cardiologist about that...
IP: Logged
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sorta have a soft spot for RA's work, another beauty.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The speed with which you do this stuff both amazes and frightens me. Great stuff! [Smile]

Mark

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meesa like.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh, RA, could you perhaps do a recreation of the unseen meeting at Detallix B from "Conspiracy"?

There was 1 Galaxy, 1 Ambassador and 2 New Orleans Class starships I think.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, there was one Ambassador-Class;
(U.S.S. Horatio NCC-10532) and two New Orleans-Class ships;
(U.S.S. Renegade NCC-63102 & U.S.S. Thomas Paine NCC-65530)
Plus of course, the Enterprise-D.

It would also be interesting to see some Cardassian War scenes featuring the Rutledge.

BTW - I'm almost certain that the Kyushu had 3 impulse engines.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't those marker-pen things on the saucer go along the surface of the saucer, instead of sticking out in the air?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Admiral,

Beautiful piece of art.
One small nitpick-
The U.S.S. New Orleans has to have a registry lower than NCC-57295 which is the registry of the U.S.S. Rutledge, a New Orleans Class starship.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No they definitely stick out in the air. They perhaps look a little strange, but heh, there you go...

see model pic here: http://www.trekmania.net/the_fleet/utopia/kyushu_model5.jpg

I didn't speed model this by the way. It's not possible to build something like this in a day. The New Orleans mesh goes back to last year, but with the clarity of the new model photos I was able to make some refinements. The pods were remodelled and the pylons altered slightly, that's all. And of course I threw together these new images.

The Conspriracy scene...? Hmm, that's interesting. I hadn't thought of that one. I'd have to tidy up my Ambassador a bit, it's been some while since I worked on that, but yeh, that scene is workable. I'll have to capture some shots of Dytallix B as well for reference.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Newark. Yes I know. It was purely an oversight when I modelled it. I completely missed the Rutledge registry which is lower than the others. When I finally noticed this I cursed out loud many times, believe me. As the reg is modelled into the saucer (I emply a different, fool proof method now), and not textured, it is not an easy, nor quick task to solve the problem. It would take several hours of work to edit the saucer and apply a new registry. Call me lazy, but I just haven't had the motivation to do it, as yet.

--------------------

The ASDB

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next, a shot of the NO with her contemporaries - stuff like the Steamrunner and Springfield, in a battle group headed up by an Ambassador. Anti-cardie taskforce, anyone? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Ok then, Dytallix B it is. This was difficult, positioning the ships that is. We have to assume that all the ships were in separate orbits, being fairly far apart, obviously due to the fact we didn't see any of them in the 'Conspiracy' footage (that and TPTB hadn't built/designed them yet), so, they are quite distant to the camera. But you get the overall impression.... And yes, the planet isn't a precise match.

what we saw:
 -

what we didn't? (800x600)
 -

--------------------

The ASDB

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice shot, RA, but you need to turn the Enterprise's saucer impulse engines off.
IP: Logged
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work as always RA!
However, you might want to put a light over on the right hand side of the frame, to match the original screen cap better and so that the ships aren't in shadow so much.

Btw, you might want to look at this.

As you can see, the Kyushu dose have three impulse engines and the neck merges into the saucer like on the Galaxy. You may also notice that the back ends of the pods are grey and not black like they are at the front.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps